Cape Point [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Cape Point

kevinva
03-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Fished at Cape Point Friday Night and Sat. Caught a few Dog fish and that was it. Took my son with me now that he is old enough to fish with the big boys and caught his first big fish. Although it was just a dog fish (approx 30") it was the biggest fish he ever caught. Now he has the fever and I now have a full time fishing partner. Congrates Chris on your first big catch!!!!:fishing:

lil red jeep
03-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Way to go Chris, and good move Dad! Congratulations all around!

basstardo
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
When were you out there Kevin? I was out there on Saturday mornind and evening. I was driving an older silver Grand Cherokee with a roof rack on top. Had on a yellow wading jacket and waders, wife was shooting pictures the whole time. I probably went right past you. :p

Cdog
03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
When were you out there Kevin? I was out there on Saturday mornind and evening. I was driving an older silver Grand Cherokee with a roof rack on top. Had on a yellow wading jacket and waders, wife was shooting pictures the whole time. I probably went right past you. :p
Yeah I was there Sat evening too. I was the one that was all wet...:rolleyes:

basstardo
03-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah I was there Sat evening too. I was the one that was all wet...:rolleyes:

That'll teach you to wear a jacket. :p:D

Man I thought we were going to get into some fish with all those birds working. Kelly got some really good pics of them. I've never been that close to gannets bombing the water from the beach.

kevinva
03-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I was the big guy in the blue windbreaker. I was hanging around a green 4 runner with my buddy shawn the short guy (sorry Shawn). My son was the kid running around with blonde hair and his fishing pole wading out in the north point (thats my boy)

kevinva
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
I swear them birds were going nuts. I was for sure we all were going to hook up that day. 30 straight hours of that SW wind I thought it was a sure thing

That'll teach you to wear a jacket. :p:D

Man I thought we were going to get into some fish with all those birds working. Kelly got some really good pics of them. I've never been that close to gannets bombing the water from the beach.

Hannibal
03-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Where are all the pics that were taken? Post em up. I love me some Point pics.

basstardo
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Is this your boy?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/basstardo/DSC_0083.jpg

My wife took that. All we could think about was the beaches closing down and our son never having the chance to experience that. He's 13 months, so maybe there's hope at some point.

I actually talked to Shawn for a minute that morning. We were parked right next to you. :D

Let me know when you want to get that 1509 to me. ;)

kevinva
03-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Thats my boy!!!!!! Nice pic. Tell your wife i said thank you

Is this your boy?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/basstardo/DSC_0083.jpg

My wife took that. All we could think about was the beaches closing down and our son never having the chance to experience that. He's 13 months, so maybe there's hope at some point.

I actually talked to Shawn for a minute that morning. We were parked right next to you. :D

Let me know when you want to get that 1509 to me. ;)

BULLDAWG
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Thats a Great Shot !! We should make it into a poster to help get the word out to help keep the beaches open !!

Just_Me
03-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Was down there Friday and seen them birds got a video and some pics also. We also had a time with the spinies and smoothies, had a few blues in the mix on pink and white with the green stripe of green sting silvers. We also did manage to put a 3 and a half foot dusky on the south beach during mid day and seen a big shark breaking water ( guy beside us said it was a spinner) but it hung around for an hour or so and we coulnt even get a bait on him as the doggies were hittin the bait as soon as it hit the water and was just out of casting range and the wind was a WSW so the kite was going towards the Lighthouse.

kevinva
03-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree with you bulldawg. That is truely the furture of the fishing generation at point that is in jeopardy. Big thanks to Terry's wife for the wonderful picture

susanobx
03-21-2008, 06:51 PM
What a wonderful picture. Poster boy for open access for sure!!

OBX Jay
03-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Nice job Mrs. Terry. :)