Citations [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Citations

pier-legend
02-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Well for the 1st time in all the years I have played at the NC fishing citations,...I recieved all my Speckled trout citations today..IN FEB.!!!

...Before today I have NEVER recieved any of any kind before the middle of March...

...How about anybody else???...Anyone else out there recieve their citations today or any time in February???
..still gots several of other species to get...BUT I am surprised at these early arrivals!!

uncdub13
02-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Received my trout citations today as well. They came in separate envelopes, so i assumed it was going to be at least two species, but nope. Still waitin on the rest.

pier_man0909
02-26-2008, 05:04 PM
I got my blue marlin release like 3 weeks ago, still waiting on the other 7 or 8.

red_fish
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I got my blue marlin release like 3 weeks ago, still waiting on the other 7 or 8.

sounds like a bragging post jk:D

jay b
02-26-2008, 07:28 PM
R/F you know what they say...........don't hate the playa !!! :D

Drumdum
02-26-2008, 07:47 PM
PL,quit gettin citations just to get them,only time I get a citation now is when it is something different.. I like the new citation program with the grand slam deal,but no bigger flounders than I catch,ain't much chance in me gettin that one... :D

Sea2aeS
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
i still havent gotten mine from nov 06. imma call them tommorrow:redface:

OneGoodFisherman
02-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I've never received one pier-legend. :mad: I'm from Raleigh, NC, and I wanted to know hows the fishing their. Do you fish mostly from the pier or surf? Let me know if they start biting! You can add me if you have MSN or Yahoo Messenger.

Thanks

Time to do some :fishing:!

TreednNC
02-26-2008, 08:16 PM
only citation u ever got was from a state man Brent

Jesse Lockowitz
02-26-2008, 08:26 PM

bahahaa

havnt got any of mine yet in the mail from 07

Jesse

pier_man0909
02-26-2008, 08:48 PM
sounds like a bragging post jk:D

it is! lol, just kiddin. I am just confused as to how they do them. I thought they would do them by last name since mine starks with an "A" which would mean they would come at once which they didn't. then I thought they would do them by the alphabetical letter of the fish but Blue marlin starts with a "B" and I never got the "A" letter or "C" letter ones yet and other people have gotten their trout citations so that theory failed too. I just figure they'll get there whenever they get there.

pier-legend
02-26-2008, 09:42 PM
PL,quit gettin citations just to get them,only time I get a citation now is when it is something different.. I like the new citation program with the grand slam deal,but no bigger flounders than I catch,ain't much chance in me gettin that one... :D

DD these citations are like pictures from the past...Their only good is FOR YOUR MEMORIES....

Rodwatcher told me he don't write up none of his "paper drum"....but ole RW sure wrote his name on the board with every pier king he caught!!!:D

I tell folks all the time..."make your memories while you can"....:fishing:

Thats all these Citations are good for in reality..
I Laminate them and put em in a book...
My Largest of a certain species I frame....got em hangin up stairs....

I still compete in several local clubs that give away the plaques and little fake marble trophys ...
I keep all that crap too.....

Gots some great pics or Depe with 40 lb red drum from a Topsail Pier...

....again...do what you want..

...BUT ITS YOUR MEMORYS!!!....;)
....reckon Tater would like to look thru dads collection about 40 yrs from now??

At my age it gives me something to fish for each year besides a Tarpon 1lb. heavier that Jessie"s:p

Sea2aeS
02-26-2008, 10:18 PM

iffn speedin tickets ya talkin bout, im not the one with the lead foot :rolleyes: they know who they are. 4+ years ticket free an imma stay that way:p

TreednNC
02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
7 years for me......great thread tho. I aint got any citations to worry about gettin in the mail unfortunately ;)

Rockfish1
02-26-2008, 11:58 PM
still waiting for mine from October...

Drumdum
02-27-2008, 05:36 AM
DD these citations are like pictures from the past...Their only good is FOR YOUR MEMORIES....

Rodwatcher told me he don't write up none of his "paper drum"....but ole RW sure wrote his name on the board with every pier king he caught!!!:D

I tell folks all the time..."make your memories while you can"....:fishing:

Thats all these Citations are good for in reality..
I Laminate them and put em in a book...
My Largest of a certain species I frame....got em hangin up stairs....

I still compete in several local clubs that give away the plaques and little fake marble trophys ...
I keep all that crap too.....

Gots some great pics or Depe with 40 lb red drum from a Topsail Pier...

....again...do what you want..

...BUT ITS YOUR MEMORYS!!!....;)
....reckon Tater would like to look thru dads collection about 40 yrs from now??

At my age it gives me something to fish for each year besides a Tarpon 1lb. heavier that Jessie"s:p

PL,you're right,it's for memories... I've got many citations from the past,got some stored and some on a wall. If I get one new species,it goes up as well.. Also belonged to a fish club,and got several trophys from that..Tater looks at those all the time,but one thing I have changed from the past is pictures... If you are talking memories from the king days,I BLEW IT THERE!:redface: :( Back then,VERY FEW pics,just citations.. Citations are cool and all to look back on,but a picture tells it all.. H*ll,my hair was red and had all of it back then... :D