Looking for a bait shop near Morehead [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Looking for a bait shop near Morehead

2aces
01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I will be going on a 24 hr trip in March on the continental shelf. I am looking for some Pinfish to take on the trip. Or if someone close to the pier, if you are looking to make a few bucks can you catch me two dozen live pinfish. Any info would be great I just wanna get a jump start on my backup bait plans for my trip.

Jesse Lockowitz
01-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I will be going on a 24 hr trip in March on the continental shelf. I am looking for some Pinfish to take on the trip. Or if someone close to the pier, if you are looking to make a few bucks can you catch me two dozen live pinfish. Any info would be great I just wanna get a jump start on my backup bait plans for my trip.

dont think ur gona find many pinfish or people catchin em on the piers this time of year, mainyl cuz the piers are closed, but there just arent many pinfish around...

you might wanna try Joe Shutes in atlantic beach, he'll prlly have some frozen cigar minnows...but i really think ur gona have a hard time findin some live pinfish..

you might could get ahold of some small croaker around the high rise bridge though.

hope this helps..

Jesse

2aces
01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
dont think ur gona find many pinfish or people catchin em on the piers this time of year, mainyl cuz the piers are closed, but there just arent many pinfish around...

you might wanna try Joe Shutes in atlantic beach, he'll prlly have some frozen cigar minnows...but i really think ur gona have a hard time findin some live pinfish..

you might could get ahold of some small croaker around the high rise bridge though.

hope this helps..

Jesse

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.

matt anderson
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Jesse - Joe's duz not sell Frozen baits

2aces - Wallmart on hw24 in MHC has a bait frezer whith plunty of bait choises , also In Alantic beach there is Freemans , chasin Tails , joe's bait yard , and in emrild Isle there is the Reel Outdores (tee'lem matt sent ya)

Matt

Jesse Lockowitz
01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Jesse - Joe's duz not sell Frozen baits

2aces - Wallmart on hw24 in MHC has a bait frezer whith plunty of bait choises , also In Alantic beach there is Freemans , chasin Tails , joe's bait yard , and in emrild Isle there is the Reel Outdores (tee'lem matt sent ya)

Matt

yep, if u go to The Reel outdoors, DO NOT tell them jesse lockowitz sent you....LOL u might get charged $50,000,000.01 for a piece of old squid

Carolina Rebel
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Just take whatever little fish you catch on the little cut bait they give you on the C.S and use it for bait.