Any word on Buxton & KDH ORV meetings? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Any word on Buxton & KDH ORV meetings?

Bubba Feesh
01-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Any word on these meetings?

I know some of you mave had time to get home yet.

I'm planning on going to Raleigh Wednesday afternoon.

What can we do to help?

Bubba Feesh

OBXFISHN
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
I will be at the Raleigh meeting tomorrow also. Here is Ted Hamilton's report from the Buxton meeting.

I attended the Buxton workbook meeting today. One item came out during the presentation that is not obvious from just the workbook.

That is NPS is looking for not only new ideas for alternatives as stated in the workbook but also wants ideas on how the various alternative elements might be combined in such a way that they are acceptable to you as an overall plan.

Thus I now intend to go back thru the workbook and look carefully at each subsection (eg 1.A, 1.B, etc ) and see what item I like best and maybe it is necessary to combine 2 or more. Some subsections may not have an alternative I like and I will try to generate one. I will then indicate this choice of alternatives and new alternatives I generate in the comments for each section.

So bottom line is I give them an answer on each alternative they provided, along with new ideas where they don't have something I like and also give them a big picture look at how I would like to see the plan come out.

Cheers Ya'll

Ted A. Hamilton
(aka Salvo Jimmy)
OBPA Lifer
CHAC Lifer
NCBBA Lifer
RFA Member

basstardo
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I checked a couple other boards and haven't heard anything yet. If you go to Raleigh, let us know how it goes.

Drumdum
01-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Ya almost need a "Philly Lawyer" to interpet it,but in the longrun you may have your voice heard,if you suggest a good alternative on each question as Ted said.. They said they are not looking for numbers of folks with the same comment they are looking for new ideas that fit thier criteria...