NC Lifetime Youth License... [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : NC Lifetime Youth License...

basstardo
01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Anybody know the deal about buying a child under 1 year of age a lifetime NC license for 100 bucks? Frank from F&F was telling me you could do this, but I can't find the stinkin' link online to do it. Anyone ever done this? My boy turns 1 in about 2 weeks and I forgot all about doing this. Need to get on the ball. :)

Drumdum
01-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Is he talking lifetime fishing and hunting?? Tater has that.. He hasn't had to use it yet,cause he's only 10.. He got it at birth from a friend of mine..

Awsume gift...

basstardo
01-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Nevermind :rolleyes: I'm a dolt...for those who are interested...

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg01_License/documents/LifetimeLicenseApp_%200107.pdf

basstardo
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Nah, Frank was talking just about coastal rec fishing. It's a great deal, and makes me even more antsy to get him out fishing.

gshivar
01-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Gonna get one for my grandson. If you cannot find info on the DMF website, visit the nearest DMF office. Less than one year old - $100 for life.
With a little time left for you, it would be worth going to a division DMF headquarters and get the lifetime liscense. good luck - glenn

saltandsand
01-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Fantasic deal. Let's see....$100 at a rate of 8 percent return and 14 percent reduction for inflation/recession/devaluation of the dollar (or whatever you want to call it) so that means in 20 years you have $14.

If NC is offering this then I'm interested in buying it...but can you trust em to honor the deal?

Drumdum
01-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Fantasic deal. Let's see....$100 at a rate of 8 percent return and 14 percent reduction for inflation/recession/devaluation of the dollar (or whatever you want to call it) so that means in 20 years you have $14.

If NC is offering this then I'm interested in buying it...but can you trust em to honor the deal?

They honor the lifetime sportsman that allows freshwater,saltwater,and hunting,so I don't see why not??

Bubba Feesh
01-12-2008, 11:37 PM
NC has been doing this with the Sportsmans license for about 25 years, so I think it would be a safe bet.

A lot of guys pool and buy the Sportsmans license for hunting buddies that have newborns around these parts.

sleepyhead
01-14-2008, 02:08 AM
I have had mine since 83. Never used them till I was 16. I got mine before I was 12 for a x-mas present.

F I LetsGoFishin
01-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Nah, Frank was talking just about coastal rec fishing. It's a great deal, and makes me even more antsy to get him out fishing.

Unless you have issues against hunting I believe it would make a better investment to go with the full sportsmans license. That way as time passes he will be covered for any of the outdoor sports that he may decide to choose. only buying the one limits him to your passions and does not allow for him to develope his own. I mean whats $125 when you are talking a lifetime?

basstardo
01-15-2008, 12:21 AM
That's very true. I don't hunt anymore. Mainly because of where I live now. Deer hunting in Ohio is a different animal than deer hunting in SE VA. That and I'd rather catch a feesh. I've got to call the lady tomorrow because I forgot to send a copy of the birth certificate. Might change it when I talk to her.