Hey firespyder.....O'croke Showdown.... [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Hey firespyder.....O'croke Showdown....

AL_N_VB
01-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Got a weekend pass in March...2nd, 3rd or 4th week.

Us boys vs your boys @ Ocracoke...losers buys the first round @ Howards Pub...

Largest, most, bait or metal. all drum show down..Gannets, kumerants, sea gulls don't count

Lets get this drum showdown rolling.

Drumdum
01-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Let's see,hmmm... I think the first was caught last yr by,hmmmm.. :D Oh and a yr before that,by that same guy??? :D

Yeap stirrin it up,cause Firespider joined me last yr in the fray.... ;) Dem drinks el be right tasty Al,Ryan and meself will appreciate,promise... ;)

Cdog
01-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Al, I got your back but your paying if we lose...

AL_N_VB
01-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Kenny...really feelin' the mojo this year...

Gotta get the rest of the 'boys to get down.

Clay...trust me...we'll make sure that round is cold an tasty.

Drumdum
01-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes you will... Thanks..;):beer:

Clyde
01-11-2008, 09:12 PM
oh yeah, i'll be in on this. And I'll be sure to bring my lucky fishing partner again, he's good for atleast three. :)

uncdub13
01-11-2008, 09:55 PM
dont make me get in on this.

Ryan Y
01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
:popcorn:Ill go ahead and tape some guides on a rod again. The butt section will be nothing but a reel seat again......

Ill take a pint of Howards finest grog...Along with a cheese burger of course.

I guess its a us's vs you's type of thing hugh?

We'll be watching those temps. Im sure our team captain up there in Hattie (DD) will be scouting out a hole for the home team so we'll stop off at the pony for some am breakfast and get to catching a little afterwards.

Ryan Y
01-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Clyde brings him again....Me Kenny and clyde can just sit back and watch....But its funner to play....

Drumdum
01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
oh yeah, i'll be in on this. And I'll be sure to bring my lucky fishing partner again, he's good for atleast three. :)

I feel certian you'll break that skunk's back this yr,Clyde.... If between Firespider,you're bud,and I can rack up 9 amoungst us,no doubt you're gonna be in on the action this yr. Besides,Al done run out all his luck in the Wheels Tourney... :D I hope anywho....:rolleyes::D

Cdog
01-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I feel certian you'll break that skunk's back this yr,Clyde.... If between Firespider,you're bud,and I can rack up 9 amoungst us,no doubt you're gonna be in on the action this yr. Besides,Al done run out all his luck in the Wheels Tourney... :D I hope anywho....:rolleyes::D

Dayum Al, I'm starting to feel like Custer at Lil Big Horn. Any other Va boys gonna show???

Newsjeff
01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Let's see,hmmm... I think the first was caught last yr by,hmmmm.. :D Oh and a yr before that,by that same guy??? :D
Hmm.

This Va. boy got a 50" FL the first week of January last year. :rolleyes:

And this one wasn't off a pier ... .

CrawFish
01-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I can't let my fellows A/C fighting alone. Bring it on boys. I'll bring the rest of my A/C's and tokens down. They aint catching many fish, but they can drink some beers. :D

AL_N_VB
01-12-2008, 08:36 AM

don't under estimate the "well".....its been a great December.....my re-model is almost done....the missus is happy...and she agreed that I deserve a break some time in March. The ju-ju is runnin' strong;)

I'm hoping to recruit Walt D and that OBX Rookie.
Thats at least 4 between them 2.
Teo- at least 2
Neil - at least 2
NJ - at least 1 1/2 ( do one eyed drummies count?)
Clay - at least 2

I'll do my best to provide moral support, and help keep the cooler full of ice and bait.

anyone else game? lets show them Carolina boys somethin;)

So we see your 9 and raise you 2 1/2

Bring on them drummies and that nice cold one @ Howards....

Ryan Y
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Who's gonna let you Virginia guys know it's on?

You see, We can keep things quiet down this way between a handfull of people. We might have already been catching by the time you guys figure out whats going on.....We're apt to sneak accross that cedar island ferry and meet up with some other guys without being noticed. Only thing to give it away is the silence on the web after a few days....

But we'll let you know when the sandspike toss and leftover bait cooler shmag chug is going down....
:D

Anyhow...It will be good to see you guys this spring none-the-less.

Drumdum
01-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Hmm.

This Va. boy got a 50" FL the first week of January last year. :rolleyes:

And this one wasn't off a pier ... .

Hmmm,so yer got yer one 50"FL did ya?? Those ain't easy ta come by... managed to luck into one 50 and a half FL off the planks myself this yr.. Have luckin to em off'n the beach as well,they are hard to come by.. As hard to catch one either way,think you'll agree after this yr at Sandbridge,ya reacon???? ;) :D

It's all cool though,I know the ac is down fer this,so be ready fer the "reenforcements" from NC that will be there and are every yr..
Arch Bracher
Jimmy Hillsman
Phil aka Savfish
Russel Warren
almost forgot Nick

I just luck into the first one,but these guys are out fer blood and NUMBERS.. :D Oh,Al yer better have some DEEP Pockets... ;) :D :p

AL_N_VB
01-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Dang Kenny.....

Looks like we's under gunned...

Dayum Al, I'm starting to feel like Custer at Lil Big Horn. Any other Va boys gonna show???

squalus
01-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey guys is this limited to VA vs NC? :D

AL_N_VB
01-12-2008, 11:25 AM

nope

Cdog
01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
don't under estimate the "well".....its been a great December.....my re-model is almost done....the missus is happy...and she agreed that I deserve a break some time in March. The ju-ju is runnin' strong;)

I'm hoping to recruit Walt D and that OBX Rookie.
Thats at least 4 between them 2.
Teo- at least 2
Neil - at least 2
NJ - at least 1 1/2 ( do one eyed drummies count?)
Clay - at least 2

I'll do my best to provide moral support, and help keep the cooler full of ice and bait.

anyone else game? lets show them Carolina boys somethin;)

So we see your 9 and raise you 2 1/2

Bring on them drummies and that nice cold one @ Howards....
Dont forget about Bear Al.

Hmmm,so yer got yer one 50"FL did ya?? Those ain't easy ta come by... managed to luck into one 50 and a half FL off the planks myself this yr.. Have luckin to em off'n the beach as well,they are hard to come by.. As hard to catch one either way,think you'll agree after this yr at Sandbridge,ya reacon???? ;) :D

It's all cool though,I know the ac is down fer this,so be ready fer the "reenforcements" from NC that will be there and are every yr..
Arch Bracher
Jimmy Hillsman
Phil aka Savfish
Russel Warren
almost forgot Nick

I just luck into the first one,but these guys are out fer blood and NUMBERS.. :D Oh,Al yer better have some DEEP Pockets... ;) :D :p

But if DD brings in them "ringers" we better start saving up for that first round...:eek:

huckfinn38
01-12-2008, 11:28 AM
I know Im in. I am sure Ward is in.

bstarling
01-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I love a rumble!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill:D:fishing:

the rhondel
01-12-2008, 12:09 PM
hmmmmm....does BEAR consider himself NC OR VA.......the R

AL_N_VB
01-12-2008, 12:16 PM
hmmmmm....does BEAR consider himself NC OR VA.......the R

I hope he ain't bi [NC OR VA]...don't need no broke back seabear'n:D

dang...com'on drummies..this cabin fever's drivin me crazy.

But if DD brings in them "ringers" we better start saving up for that first round...

I'll start the voodoo mojo early...anyone got any goats blood?

BTW...supprised our favorite Wakefield resident ain't chimed in. Must be cruizen the internet fer some g/f's:D

Philly Jack
01-12-2008, 12:21 PM

Steve, you thinkin' what I'm thinkin? Wonder if we could get a bunch of PA guys interested. Think the wife may give me a "weekend pass" come March if I knock off a few "honey do's" before hand. Philly Jack

AL_N_VB
01-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Steve, you thinkin' what I'm thinkin? Wonder if we could get a bunch of PA guys interested. Think the wife may give me a "weekend pass" come March if I knock off a few "honey do's" before hand. Philly Jack

if'n enough of ya PA guys get a mob together...we may have to split the divisions...

thebeachcaster
01-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Long as it isn't march 13

squalus
01-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't know about a "bunch" of PA yankees comin' down to participate, but remember I mentioned something about maybe going down to OBX in March? It'd be kinda fun to tag along even if we aren't "competing". I know for a fact that these guys can teach us a thing or two about drummin'!

Besides, it'd be fun to meet some of these guys off the board - and get in some spring fishing time. I have a big drum on my catch wish list for 2008.

if'n enough of ya PA guys get a mob together...we may have to split the divisions...

Thanks for the consideration Ns4D!

chuck(skidmark)
01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Arch Bracher
Jimmy Hillsman
Phil aka Savfish
Russel Warren
almost forgot Nick

I imagine the VA ladies will be outfished 5 to 1 if these guys are on the same beach as they are.

Newsjeff
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Hmmm,so yer got yer one 50"FL did ya??
As hard to catch one either way,think you'll agree after this yr at Sandbridge,ya reacon???? ;) :D
Arch Bracher
Jimmy Hillsman
Phil aka Savfish
Russel Warren
almost forgot Nick

I'm all about backin' the A/C. But that list just ain't fair. :eek:

And ya'll don't even need backups.

You are right, Kenny. I didn't have the best Fall down Sandbridge way ... .

But I did manage a second 50" FL in Ocracoke last Spring. Remeber that thread on SOL?? :rolleyes:

chuck(skidmark)
01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm hoping to get back there this spring. Its been a couple of years.

Will all you AC dudes cook up some fried rice, egg rolls and sesame chicken for us white guys?
Sure would be thoughtful.

Newsjeff
01-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm hoping to get back there this spring. Its been a couple of years.

Will all you AC dudes cook up some fried rice, egg rolls and sesame chicken for us white guys?
Sure would be thoughtful.
Maybe NS4D will cook ya some monkey on a stick.

I imagine you'll get hungry watchin' us out fish ya.

Philly Jack
01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Well like Steve I'd be concerned that my lack of knowledge and experience might hurt a team in a "competition" but I'd love to tag along. Wouldn't want to be a liability. We'll see what happens as time goes on but I know I'm fishin' somwhere in March. Philly Jack

dirtyhandslopez
01-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Seems to me , last year the ladies were nailing them at the Point when the boys were playing movie stars in Ocracoke.;)

Ryan Y
01-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Seems to me , last year the ladies were nailing them at the Point when the boys were playing movie stars in Ocracoke.;)

Them ladies did wack them....a few weeks after the scounts hit them first.....

TreednNC
01-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Hmmm...doesnt sounds like a competition....with the competitors mentioned thus far, it sounds like a clinic.

CrawFish
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM
DD, com'on now.. those guys have sold their souls to the devil to catch drummies.. they don't count. :D

Drumdum
01-13-2008, 12:20 AM
DD, com'on now.. those guys have sold their souls to the devil to catch drummies.. they don't count. :D

If Va is gonna take on NC,then it's NC's duty to put the best out there,specially when Al's buy'n... ;) :D

NTKG
01-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Arch Bracher
Jimmy Hillsman
Phil aka Savfish
Russel Warren
almost forgot Nick
DEEP Pockets... ;) :D :p

like teo said that just aint fair. you have to be human, if you sold your soul to the devil to catch fish it doesnt count.

btw AC i got us a plan..... heres how this works out. we make sure we get down to ocracoke

1. raid the nc boys of all their food.
2. make sure that we leave kenny a frying pan, house autry and oil.
3. we'll win by default as kenny will have eaten all the fried mullet intended for bait.

BING BING BING... we'll win cause kenny'll eat NC's bait!:D

Drumdum
01-13-2008, 06:46 PM
like teo said that just aint fair. you have to be human, if you sold your soul to the devil to catch fish it doesnt count.

btw AC i got us a plan..... heres how this works out. we make sure we get down to ocracoke

1. raid the nc boys of all their food.
2. make sure that we leave kenny a frying pan, house autry and oil.
3. we'll win by default as kenny will have eaten all the fried mullet intended for bait.

BING BING BING... we'll win cause kenny'll eat NC's bait!:D

Wrong... :D I loves me some mullets,but I draw da line at fatback.. :--| That's all they'll use fer ketch'n drummies in the spring.. I got a few frozen mullet heads left but generally I eat bodys and let the feesh eat the heads... :p

Course fried tuna belly chunks might werk purdy good fried up,but I'd have ta raid Arch's cooler fer that........:rolleyes::D

Cdog
01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
All right lets set some rules. I figured this was a us down there at th same time vs them thing. If its a first fish and most fish all of us know we aint got a last bud light in the cooler near Al chance in this. So what is going on?:confused:

Sea2aeS
01-13-2008, 09:48 PM
<---would like in:beer::) still got room?

Newsjeff
01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
All right lets set some rules. I figured this was a us down there at th same time vs them thing. If its a first fish and most fish all of us know we aint got a last bud light in the cooler near Al chance in this. So what is going on?:confused:
Put that beer down, Clay. You're not makin' much sense right now.

Of course we ain't got a chance.

Even if we gave em Al.

Maybe we can get us a few Virginia ringers on our side. Maybe Bill K., Angel, Lum, Blake, Rolland and maybe even get Mike Adams on the sand. :p

squalus
01-14-2008, 08:17 AM
When are you guys planning this shindig? We're planning to be down at OBX 4/13 through the 15th...

NTKG
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
When are you guys planning this shindig? We're planning to be down at OBX 4/13 through the 15th...

before that!

NTKG
01-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Wrong... :D I loves me some mullets,but I draw da line at fatback.. :--| That's all they'll use fer ketch'n drummies in the spring.. I got a few frozen mullet heads left but generally I eat bodys and let the feesh eat the heads... :p

it was so much funnier in my head. somehow it lost its goodness.

i got some secret bait for this too! ya'll nc boys don't have nothin on the asian mart bait.

squalus
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
before that!

OK, thanks NTKG.

Puppy Mullet
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I imagine the VA ladies will be outfished 5 to 1 if these guys are on the same beach as they are.

Ooooo Im all scared.

I WAS planning a solo trip to Lookout or Portsmouth, But I may have to support my VA breathren in this most just and noble cause.
How bout the last weekend in March??
:popcorn:

shark21
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I will help represent PA.

squalus
01-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I will help represent PA.

Good luck man!

We're gonna be down too late for this one. :(

Clyde
01-14-2008, 04:54 PM

You'll be WAY behind by then...........

chuck(skidmark)
01-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Ooooo Im all scared.

I WAS planning a solo trip to Lookout or Portsmouth, But I may have to support my VA breathren in this most just and noble cause.

Greg,
Why don't you and I go to Portsmouth and stay out of this CF? Fishing in peace is a beautiful thing. Catching one on Portsmouth without another human being in sight is an awesome experience.

notso
01-14-2008, 06:18 PM

I got yer back Clay....

basstardo
01-14-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm with you guys. Just name the date and I'm there.

Puppy Mullet
01-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Greg,
Why don't you and I go to Portsmouth and stay out of this CF? Fishing in peace is a beautiful thing. Catching one on Portsmouth without another human being in sight is an awesome experience.

Yeah yer right Chuck... Lets get it lined up.
Lookin forward to it already. :)

dirtyhandslopez
01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Well if you's need a substitute,ya'know,someone to cast short and to the left or right of the hole, I'm in.:)

basstardo
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Well if you's need a substitute,ya'know,someone to cast short and to the left or right of the hole, I'm in.:)

That's probably where the fish are. :);)

striperswiper
01-16-2008, 03:02 PM
i aint got to ride with Al anymore i got my own 4wheels now:D so i geuss i could come back my NC team up seein as i live down here now:D im 2 young 2 drink but i still wana see NS4D spend all that Prize money on Everybodys drinks:beer:
Il take take a hot cocoa AL:eek:

Drumdum
01-17-2008, 05:28 AM
i aint got to ride with Al anymore i got my own 4wheels now:D so i geuss i could come back my NC team up seein as i live down here now:D im 2 young 2 drink but i still wana see NS4D spend all that Prize money on Everybodys drinks:beer:
Il take take a hot cocoa AL:eek:

Welcome aboard,younge'n.. I saw you at the bash and helped eat all those stripers ya caught.. A hard feesh'n youngen like yerself is always welcome aboard.. Be glad ta buy ya a soda at the bar whilest Al pays for all the NC boy's beer... ;) :D

Plug
01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
"It's not fair"

"It's not fair"Terrel Owens
http://fishmilitia.com/forum/uploads/20080117_165743_to.jpg

Dang Teo et al... sounds like you scripted the other "T.O.'s" press conference.

Dickie
01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Be down in March. Put up a date and Time !

Drumdum
01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Way I see it is be there... There is no set time for the "first one"... Watch water temps,giver a shot and hope for the best...;)

Hope they ain't finished with the bridges by then.. The ferry ride might not be as cramped or have to wait in lines so long,cause as of now only way to get on is if ya have 4whl drive... Shouldn't be quite as many sightseers... ;)

Ryan Y
01-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Lets hope they are behind schedule right?

Shouldnt be any driving problem from my end.

Adam
01-19-2008, 04:36 PM
This sounds interesting ....can I umpire?:D

With the luck I had last year, I wouldnt be wanted on either team:rolleyes:

Adam

lil red jeep
01-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Are spectators allowed? This is one I'd love to see.

CrawFish
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
*bump*

I'm thinking about next weekend, if weather permits. Who's in?

Drumdum
03-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Good possibility of you seein Tater and I then,Teo.. Looking forward to it...

basstardo
03-07-2008, 09:36 PM
*bump*

I'm thinking about next weekend, if weather permits. Who's in?

Teo the plan for us was this weekend. Looks like a wash because of weather, so next weekend is a go if the weather holds up. I'm up for it if y'all are. :D

Ryan Y
03-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I heard a rumor someone snuck down from virginny and tried....So I countered and struck out as well. I lucked into a slot about 9 pm between bailing doggies.

NTKG
03-09-2008, 11:47 AM
va already won

Drumdum
03-09-2008, 12:37 PM
va already won

Yeah Neil,you're right will slip you and Nsearch4 a budlight next I seeya.. Weekend weather didn't help much,believe me.. Look at this weekend's weather if that tells ya anything.. :D

CrawFish
03-09-2008, 05:03 PM
va already won

Who did it? I know it aint Al. :p:D

obtw... the lady just put a stop on my plan for next weekend. Some how I have to go meet her Priest to plan our wedding. And I'm not even Catholic. :confused::rolleyes:

Drumdum
03-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Who did it? I know it aint Al. :p:D

obtw... the lady just put a stop on my plan for next weekend. Some how I have to go meet her Priest to plan our wedding. And I'm not even Catholic. :confused::rolleyes:

Congrats... :)

Newsjeff
03-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Teo, you'll make a good Catholic.

You drink and curse with the best of em. :p

I'll be down March 24-29.

Hope to see ya'll on the beach.

Cdog
03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Congrats... :)

Ditto.

And oh yeah Teo, from the sounds of it ya aint gonna have much fishing time here soon. I'll take that 30 off your hands...:p

Jesse Lockowitz
03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Ditto.

And oh yeah Teo, from the sounds of it ya aint gonna have much fishing time here soon. I'll take that 30 off your hands...:p

Brutal Cdog!!! haha!

Jesse

Rockfish1
03-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Brutal Cdog!!! haha!

Jesse

Jesse it's like I told ya up at Hatteras New Years... the truth may not always be pretty... but it's always the truth... :D

Jesse Lockowitz
03-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Jesse it's like I told ya up at Hatteras New Years... the truth may not always be pretty... but it's always the truth... :D

easy there grandpa...or ur walking over the dunes :-)

Jesse

huckfinn38
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM
OCOKE here I come!!!!

AL_N_VB
03-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Last weekend in March....gotta pay my last respects......

Bring it!

Newsjeff
03-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll be down Sunday 3/30 trough Wednesday 4/2.

Gonna have the better half of the A/C wit me, too.

Teo, I hope yer in.

JeepMike
03-23-2008, 08:16 PM
What is the A/C? Is that the Asian Connection? I wanna start a club!!! Who wants to be in my club?

Newsjeff
03-23-2008, 08:27 PM
What is the A/C? Is that the Asian Connection? I wanna start a club!!! Who wants to be in my club?
Do I have ta own a horse to be in yer club?

CrawFish
03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
I'll be down Sunday 3/30 trough Wednesday 4/2.

Gonna have the better half of the A/C wit me, too.

Teo, I hope yer in.

I was hoping for tomorrow to Friday, but something came up. And I'll be busy for the next couple of days till the weekend. If I can shake it off, I'll be down there w/ y'all.

Puppy Mullet
03-26-2008, 10:36 AM
If you get a big surf it will cut you off from the ramp before it runs you off the point on Ocoke..

basstardo
03-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I'll be down on Sunday and Monday it looks like.

AL_N_VB
03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news...and what makes it worse...I started this thread...due to lack of funds and the "almost" completion of our re-model...I have to "bow out" of this excursion.

This will be the first spring in about 8 years that I did not make it South in the Spring for the inaugural run...

Sad to say that after 4/3.....when the axe falls [ I am crossing every apendage I have, that it will not fall ] .....this weekend was my only shot.
Gotta say...shared and had great memories...and I hate to have not paid my respects and buried my toes one more time in the South beaches...

I apologize to all those that I currently had plans with.

NTKG
03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
This will be the first spring in about 8 years that I did not make it South in the Spring for the inaugural run...

its ok al. you aint get one any of them 8 years before anyway you aint missin nothin:popcorn::eek:

on a serious note, hope all is well and give your family my best. see you soon bud

AL_N_VB
03-26-2008, 12:32 PM
its ok al. you aint get one any of them 8 years before anyway you aint missin nothin:popcorn::eek:

on a serious note, hope all is well and give your family my best. see you soon bud

I wonder what this "delete button" does? :D

Good luck Neil.....wishin' I was fishin.

striperswiper
03-28-2008, 10:59 AM
im sorry to hear that AL.:mad:that really sucks, i will be down tonight through monday:D

bstarling
03-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Finger Mullet and I along with a few more will be on O'Coke on the 3rd through the weekend.

Bill:fishing:

Finger_Mullet
03-28-2008, 01:00 PM
I am afraid the weather is gonna suck for us. What do you think???

Darin

Fish Hunter
03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, I was down Wed and Thursday with Bigg Foot and the wind was blowin, the sand was up, the sun was shining and the fish, oh my lord the fish. There were somewhere other than the south end of Ocracoke.

But, it was a great time. Cooked one more big breakfast on the beach and fed WhizKid and a young man, whose name I did not get.

Got to see the other FishHuntr, John M, a several others. So, it was worth the trip.

Hopefully it was not the last.

Danny
03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Darin- from weather.com

Thu
Apr 3
Mostly Cloudy

Fri
Apr 4
Mostly Cloudy

Sat
Apr 5
Partly Cloudy

Sun
Apr 6
Mostly Sunny

This site has been waaay wrong before though.

And it didn't say if the fish would be biting or not.

Danny

Finger_Mullet
03-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I have learned not to rely on any of the weather sights. They have been wrong 9 out of 10 of my last fishing trips.

Danny, remember the one trip we took last Spring that it was supposed to be sunny, warm temps and little wind?? It was cold, it rained, and the wind blew gale force.

Oh yeah, last year me and Bill headed to O'coke. It was the same weekend as the one we picked for this year April 3-6. Anyway Friday was beautiful. We woke up at 0430 on Saturday and the wind was howling at 40 and it snowed. We decided to pack it up and head home a day early. Went from 65 on Friday to 38 on Saturday.

I figure they would have a great bite this weekend and shut down on Wednesday 04/02.

I am not worried about the temp, I am more worried about the wind. Looks like a front is suposed to move in on Saturay night. Temps bottom out on Sunday. Should be an interesting ride on the ferry to Cedar Island on Sunday.

Darin