Reg. Neg. Committee Changes & Meeting Dates [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Reg. Neg. Committee Changes & Meeting Dates

for access
12-20-2007, 08:28 PM
REG. NEG. COMMITTEE CHANGES & MEETING DATES (MEETINGS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)

The Committee will hold its first meeting on January 3-4, 2008, from 8:30
a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on January 3, and from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on January
4. The meetings on both days will be held at the Avon Fire Hall, 40159
Harbor Drive, Avon, North Carolina.

SEEMS WE NEED 3 GROUPS TO REPRESENT HATTERAS AND FRISCO.BUT THE SURFRIDERS ARE COVERED BY 1 GROUP—THE WATERSPORTS INCDUSTRY

NPS has recommended that the Hatteras Landing Homeowners Association be given a seat on the Committee with its president, Jeffrey Wells, appointed as a member to represent the interests of nonresident homeowners. The NPS has further recommended that the Hatteras Island Homeowners Coalition be given a seat on the Committee with its president, Stephen Kayota, appointed as a member to represent pedestrian and safety interests.

The Surfrider Foundation and the Eastern Surfing Association promote conservation and protection of ocean and coastal environments from pollution. Because the conservation and environmental protection interest is represented by other groups with similar perspectives, NPS determined that the interests of surfers would be represented adequately by the other conservation/environmental groups and that the access and experience interests, which are also important to surfers, would be represented adequately by other groups in the user category such as the Cape Hatteras Recreational Alliance and the Watersports Industry Association.

Drumdum
12-21-2007, 05:27 AM
$$$ talk,I see Kayota got what he wanted...:mad:

Lightload
12-21-2007, 07:48 AM
Yeah, that's pretty bad when one man can "create" his own organization and get a seat at the table. Adding Kyoto to the member list casts a shadow across the whole process as far as I'm concerned.

for access
12-21-2007, 12:04 PM
That and 3 committee members involved the in DOW suite. Also, rumor has it some members were actively seeking to have anyone with OBPA or ORV interests removed from seats that are not ORV related.

I really think the game plan is get the courts to ban or severely limit ORV access so that when negotiations start, ORV users and businesses come to the table like beggars and willing to accept any crumb thrown to them.

At this point, I almost feel like I would be just as happy to see the NPS just do its job and if we don't like the result take it to the courts.

Lightload
12-21-2007, 12:07 PM
At this point, I almost feel like I would be just as happy to see the NPS just do its job and if we don't like the result take it to the courts.

Agreed......I think we'll just end up doing that anyway. The meetings haven't started yet and I can't help but think that this is all just a waste of time.

for access
12-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I would love to see how much it costs. They have already had several 2-3 meetings that have been open to the public.