Thoughts on Winds [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Thoughts on Winds

N topsail fisher
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
What does everybody think about the past couple of days winds for the striper fishing.:fishing: Its been NE or NW 5-15 for the past two days and changing to S tonight.

Thinking of a day trip to Oregon Inlet tomorrow. Will that be too late? Should I try on the northern beaches?:confused:

Thanks for all input.

basstardo
12-18-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't know about the past couple days, but usually a NE blow is good for the striped ones this time of year. I don't think the wind is going to be in my favor this weekend, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway. As long as I'm not getting sandblasted, I'm happy.

Drumdum
12-18-2007, 07:08 PM
What does everybody think about the past couple of days winds for the striper fishing.:fishing: Its been NE or NW 5-15 for the past two days and changing to S tonight.

Thinking of a day trip to Oregon Inlet tomorrow. Will that be too late? Should I try on the northern beaches?:confused:

Thanks for all input.

Give it a shot,ya have nothing to loose.. If I had off tomorrow would probably fish near Hatteras Inlet.. There have been bluefish,pups,and specks there pretty regular...