oregon inlet -- S side or N side? ocean side or sound side? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : oregon inlet -- S side or N side? ocean side or sound side?

fishpimper
12-17-2007, 10:35 PM
newbie to fishing stripers from the surf here -- would someone please shed some light on the most productive area to fish for stripers at oregon inlet?
i'd assume that the S side of Oregon Inlet in the rocks would be the most likely place for them. is this true??:confused:

NTKG
12-18-2007, 12:21 AM
newbie to fishing stripers from the surf here -- would someone please shed some light on the most productive area to fish for stripers at oregon inlet?
i'd assume that the S side of Oregon Inlet in the rocks would be the most likely place for them. is this true??:confused:

there isnt an answer. its one day this, one day that. easier fishing northside, longer walk south. could make a difference as you can fish longer when your comfortable, but i coudlnt tell you that if you go one side thats that...

fishfearme
12-18-2007, 04:22 AM
need 4x4 to fish north side. But back by the bridge near the pilings were it wraps around is always good on that side. Those rocks on the south side heading out to the ocean are mean sometimes. Gut it out and walk all the way out on the south side to where the sand meets the rocks is decent current and you can set up on sand. Hit or miss as usual any of the 2 places. There are some good sloughs south side down the beach from the jetty once you get to the end of it. Worth the walk for solitude.

Hope this helps

fishpimper
12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
thanks guys, i think theres logic in being comfrontable out there and putting in the time.
fishfearme, i'll certainly cowboy up and give those areas a try!

daveervin
12-20-2007, 11:39 AM
On a North Wind bait will blow up against the rock jetty on the right tide.

Woodduck
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
On a North Wind bait will blow up against the rock jetty on the right tide.