Pier and Surf Forum banner

Bash at the Beach V, soundless.

3K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Cdog 
#1 ·
Well folks I can't find any band willing to freeze their fingers off sooooo, it'll be a no band event.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
If you folks have room in your trucks please bring down some firewood, planning on having a burn barrel going.

PS Mrs. Wilber will be joining us this year, she has just had back surgery so don't give her a big pat on the back.

PPS The weather is looking pretty good for some Trout fishing, bring on the Specks.

#6 ·
The bash started as an open event to give Pier and Surf folks a chance to meet in person the folks they chat on-line with. I made some friendships the each Bash that will last a lifetime.

Sooooo, come one come all, it'll be a hoot.

#7 · (Edited)
Fyi

The hotel that was offering discounted rooms is no longer doing that. Had to reserve your room one month PRIOR... Oh well, that sucks...

#8 ·
I put off doing my reservations as well. Looks like the Mariner (the one right down the beach road I stayed at least year) is all booked up. Never seen any place down there booked up in winter...

Never fear, the Days Inn on the beach road across from the monument is still open and has rooms for $45/night. I just booked through Expedia.

#9 ·
Last minute changes and I have to miss this one !! Have to be in Georgia Monday for court so I have to work this weekend to make that happen !! Been waitin on this for two years can't postpone it now . Jeep was already loaded for the bash and planned on headin down saturday mornin . Aint life grand !! I was looking forward to monkey on a stick too !!

#13 ·
Let the games begin. Off to BJs this am to get Taters Hot dogs. Picking up the Mayor at noon and head'n for the RITZ. The food scene is looking good, t-shirts will be in today and all I have left to do is load all my crap in the truck.

#17 ·
gonna stick with mainly sodas...primarily a day trip...or momma will have my hide!!!!

bring on em specs and that rogue 40 inch sissy fish on our trout gear:eek:

Gonna be fun seein' you and the guys,,,ton of catchin up ta do...

Heard we might get a guest appearence from a ghost from the past KDH -get2gether....hide yer women and chil'ren...the pirate of Rodanthe is in town...aarrrrr

#31 · (Edited)
Really sorry I wasn't there, it sounds like you guys had a great time. I won't miss next year if you do it again.

CDog, Bunker is a super cool name for a fishing pal, my buddy Chester is gettin a little too old to make the trip now, makes me really sad to see him at the door when I load up knowing he wants to go. He gets so excited when I pull the cooler off the truck when I get home, he always wants to lick any fish that I pull out.

He is usually dissapointed that the cooler is empty. :redface:

Walt

#32 ·
Walt, Bunker isn't as in to the beach thing as I thought he would be. He usally plays a lil when we first get there and then he is ready to get back in the truck. Brought him out to see the striper and he was more interested in the guy that stopped to look at the fish than the fish itself...:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.