Montauk [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Montauk

clinder
11-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Weather channell doing a spot on surf fisherman on the beach during this storm fishing at the point. Fisherman saying that its great fishing conditions.(13-15ft seas and gail winds steady) they callin yall crazy.........I say right on boys get er done!!!!!!!! Waitin to see some reports.:popcorn:

dirtyhandslopez
11-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Rode up to Montauk Point learlier this year and checked it out. What is that big square lump of rock just below the lighthoude. Did it fall of the light house or what? Ended up drinking whisky with fishermen till 4am then sleeping under a hedge. Fun times. Saw they had problems with plovers up there also.

Diamondwrapper
11-24-2007, 12:19 PM
That pillbox used to be up on higher ground but erosion dropped it down into the drink. The area that you were in is called Turtle Cove. We try to stay away from there. Too many guys with sneakers, shorts, and boat poles. The rocks off to your right is called Browns and it is usually the start of the good fishing areas. This was a very slow year for Montauk although some big fish were taken for the guys that put in some time at night. There were a bunch of fiftys and a sixty one that I know of.

John

dirtyhandslopez
11-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the info. That whole area just looked and smelled fishy.
Wished I'd had a rod with me...
I did talk to some comm.s that were going out the next day and woulda taken me, but they were leaving at 4 or some ridiculous hour, hard to do when :beer: get's involved:) All in all, a very inspiring place.

Diamondwrapper
12-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Did you see all the campers parked in the lot by the lighthouse ? During the fall we get as many as fifty or sixty slide-ons in there. A bunch of us park on the north side of the light on the beach. Brind a wet suit and fish at night. :D

dirtyhandslopez
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
No didn't see em'. It was summer. But I was let into the lot and was told I could park for free by a little old lady on the gate. Old scooters don't take up much space...

Diamondwrapper
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
The little old lady at the gate is like our Mom, she keeps an eye on us. :D