fishing tackle online [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : fishing tackle online

Drum Runner
08-29-2003, 11:50 PM
what are some good sites to check out rod discounted or cheaper tackle? looking to stock up before my october hatteras trip.

seafisher
09-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Look at James Tackle, their link is www.jamestackle.com They have some of the cheapest prices I have came across.

Topsailbum
09-01-2003, 04:49 PM
i agree with seafisher..... have gotten many a good deal from there

Baran013
09-13-2003, 04:17 PM
When you go down there stop into their avon shop, their prices were reasonable.

Smoothbore54
09-14-2003, 03:32 AM
It really depends on what you want

Shark River has a good selection of Penn reels and Ugly Stik rods at reasonable prices. (The "good stuff" is never cheap.)

eAngler has a large inventory of mid-priced gear.

Digitaldagger if you want Tica.

Right now, one of the local chain stores (Dick's) is unloading thier floor stock at pretty good prices. (You save the shipping too.)

If one chain is dumping inventory, the rest probably are too. (I won't go in the local "Goose Hill" anymore. They carry some good products, but thier prices are insulting and the staff couldn't find thier @ss with both hands, and a flashlight.)

the rhondel
09-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Jim at Jamestackle is my "go to"....the R

Drumdum
09-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Hey,"R",ya caught anything with that new rod yet?? I have already broke mine in on some specks,blues,and spainish.. The thing has great action,just like a loomis that cost 5 times more. :D

the rhondel
09-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Hey DD........that is one sweet rod!! Got her matched up with an ole Penn722 and shes real lite . Likes them blues and flatties.Boys at Frisco Rod & Gun good to work with....THX and you, Jody and Tater stay safe........the R

Drumdum
09-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Yeap those guys as well as Frank and Fran's have always done me right.. Oh yeah,caught a 2lb and a 3lb speck Sat on one of em.. They ran out then they sold me the last one after your's.. Now they're on back order..