PCB Question...Where Would Be A Good..... [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : PCB Question...Where Would Be A Good.....

nctrader03
07-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Place to go fishing for trout and flounder?

We're staying on 12th street at the western end of PCB; Laguna Beach.

Would anyone mind giving me some locales where I could go to target these?

I'll be down the first week of August. Wouldn't even mind getting together and you could go show me some places. I'll provide the ride, gas and food; although I wouldn't want to venture too far.

Thanks -

NCTrader03

emanuel
07-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Haven't figured out the trout and flounder yet but maybe I will by the time you get here. I think you'll enjoy the mack fishing alot more.

nctrader03
07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Where's a good place to do some mack fishing?

I'm not really into crowds and last time we were down at the pier @ PCB there was so many people you could barely move.

Looking for some places to get to where we don't have to worry about crowds......no we are tourons but we are NOT amateur fishermen.

An uncle who was down not too long ago keeps telling us about some jetties to fish over near Destin. He said that to get to it you go like you are going towards Destin and then you will see Legendary Marina on the left just before crossing the large bridge into Destin. He said park on the right hand side of the bridge and walk about 1/4 of mile he said fish off the rocks and catch what ever you want. Anyone familiar with this area?

Two weeks to go and COUNTING!!!

Thanks -

NCTrader03

emanuel
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't know destin that well. Try this site. www.pensacolafishingforum.com

The PCB pier isn't that bad right now actually, I think you can get on it without having to wait your turn to fish. Especially on weekdays, it's not bad.

RobinsonFam1
07-23-2007, 05:47 PM
you say the west end but....at the other side in the park we fished last week from the jetty area and surf. although i did not spend much time there it was a productive area.
fishing from the rocks was producing snapper and grouper while the far point in the pass was producing huge spanish, king and few trout.

the only flounder i heard about was caught while trolling?!

get on the macks before day break and the spanish are usually close by.

HTH
BR

emanuel
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I was talking about the pier in PCB, not the state park pier. I've done well off of it. Kings and spanish are around all day but they seem to come and go in waves.

FirstShot
07-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Heres another site EMERALDCOASTPIERFISHING.COM Its mostly for the Pensacola area but a lot of the techniques for pier, surf, and wading are the same over there.

nctrader03
07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks to all!

emanuel
07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey Firstshot, which pier do you usually fish?