Oak Island Mid August [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Oak Island Mid August

Marcus
08-08-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm going to be in Oak Island, NC, the week after next. I'm going to be staying on Caswell Beach. Last year I caught small sharks bottom fishing from the beach.

Is there hope of doing much better than that from the beach? How much better is the fishing from the piers on Oak Island?

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Marcus

fisher446
08-08-2003, 03:42 PM
If you want to catch fish you need to go fish on the Ocean Crest Pier on the island. You will do much better fishing there than on anyother pier on the island.

Marcus
08-09-2003, 04:25 PM
I appreciate the tip. I just checked out the OCP web site and the people in the pictures were sure doing better than I did last year. I'll be sure to give it a shot.

Marcus

eppson
08-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Marcus, Ocean Crest Pier on Oak Island is the most productive Pier this year along the NC coast. The shear number of customers
fishing there this year is related to the New management. The manager is an avid fisherman. The staff is personable and willing to help the novice fisherpersons. Everyone you talk to while visiting the Pier offer advice on the in's and outs. The Pictures on the wall inside the tackleshop speaks for themselves. Everyones catching fish and having a good time. We do....:cool: