alabama ... [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : alabama ...

chris storrs
05-20-2007, 06:43 PM
heaidng to alabama for my uncles wedding teh weekend of May 31 June 1/2/3...will be able to hit the beach....specifically well be in t5eh Gulf Shores area...wondering if anyone has an idea whats around...im planning on fishing for sharks....any jettys around..?any insight on the area appreciated...curious whats around there..

chris storrs
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
i see theres an inlet in orange beach a few miles away...and a heckuva penninsula to the west a few miles long...thank you satellite images lol

dandrew
05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Chris,
The pass to the east of Gulf Shores is Perdido Pass at Alabama Point. On the east side of the pass there are boardwalks over the dunes to the beach, a good place to fish, and the smaller and sometimes partially submerged, east jetty. On the west side of the pass is a parking area where you can pull up to the pass seawall and fish.The west jetty, the larger of the two, extends southward into the Gulf. It's a long walk out there, but there is good fishing for Sheepshead, Pompano, Spanish Macks, etc.
The Peninsula to the west is the Fort Morgan Peninsula. The point by the Fort is a good place to fish.
Really , anywhere along the beaches from Johnson's Beach in Perdido Key, FL (good sharking) west to Fort Morgan, can be good.
Good luck on your trip!

chris storrs
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
thanks for the help, exactly what i was looking for

toejam
05-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Let me add one thing to what dandrew said,,, on west beach road out of Gulfshores there is "Little Lagoon Inlet" ,,, it too has some good fishing,,,,,, If I was sharking I would fish between Bon Seymour Refudge and Fort Morgan,, there are some in that stretch that will clean your drags off for sure and less people on the beach!

chris storrs
05-21-2007, 05:52 PM
thanks for the pointer, would love to beach a shark while im down there...