a lot of questions [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : a lot of questions

bolt77
07-07-2003, 07:58 PM
hi ..i am new to this place....i appricate some info from some locals i am considering renting a house on ocean drive west in emerald isle...i will be there for labor day weekend....questions ..
is this a good area?
are there any fish in the suds?
what is the best headboat for a 12 hour + grouper trip?
are there any open charters that a single can get into?
how bad are the bugs?
is bluewatergmac a good company to rent from?

i busted my butt all year for this week and any help to make it a good time will be appricated.

i can repay you with info on st pete and central nj.

thanks gw

Topsailbum
07-14-2003, 04:03 PM
check out captstacy.com

Topsailbum
07-14-2003, 04:35 PM
search the web also for the carolina princess ,

bolt77
07-16-2003, 05:53 PM
thank you for the response....i am booked to be in emerald isle on aug 30....i dont think i will be able to jump on a headboat till monday which is labor day...maby i wait till tues....in the mean time i will probally try my luck in the surf or inlets which ever seems to be productive....also i will bring my cast net ....do u get any barracuda in this area....what can i expect to catch off the shore in sept? thanks

Topsailbum
07-18-2003, 02:34 PM
NEVER SEEN CUDA HERE
surf and pier fishing has been bad

bolt77
07-18-2003, 07:28 PM
topsail....thank you for response....i just wanna have a good time i release all except small black grouper .seabass.snook. mahi...do u catch snook there?do the peeps on da piers fish live bait...is a done deal i will be there aug 30.....live greenbacks at nite killa specks and snook in da deep channels

:p

Topsailbum
07-19-2003, 04:32 PM
BOLT,

use fiddlers and sand fleas for the sheep head and drum. croaker and spot have been real slow. virginia mullet pass thru occasionally. nothing big off the end which is a bummer. good luck my friend

Topsailbum
07-19-2003, 04:33 PM
no snook and you have to go futher out into gulf stream for the mahi