Buggs Island Lake ? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Buggs Island Lake ?

inawe
07-03-2003, 09:31 PM
besides it prolly being packed with people [ is the waters still high / whats bitn / cut baits for the big cats ??]

KevinG
07-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Yeah it is still 11 feet above flood stage, I think alot of the campground are still closed. Not sure whats bitin haven't been up there this year, friend that has a boat can't get to it cause of the flooding.

sawfish
07-14-2003, 09:19 PM
high water bassin is what Buggs Island is known for..spinnerbaits in the flooded brush is the ticket right now...go topwater early mornin(watch for shad bustin the surface!)...try your spinners and if that dont work ,texas rigged worms and lizards,or creature baits,or crankbaits...might even hook a striper!Hey,wait a minute...I thought this was a saltwater site:confused: :cool:

inawe
07-15-2003, 11:08 AM
thanks for the info sawfish ill be down the wknd after next salt water fishn is really good up this way figured i would ask about the lake cause im takn the family [ yea id stay here but ya gotta getta away sometimes :D

sawfish
07-15-2003, 10:04 PM
stop by the store in clarksville(right before you make the turn to go to the lake),they have all the up to date info such as baits and the hot colors also..you might also think about taking a heaver,alot of guys throw bucktails from the dam for stripers...from experience I have found chart/white and white tandom spinners,firetiger crankbaitsand firetail worms to produce..be warned,Kerr has lots of traffic and usually a tourney happening almost every weekend..Good Luck,have fun,be safe, and tight lines....

inawe
07-15-2003, 10:13 PM
yea sawfish clarksville i also like that lil motel there too defnitly bring back memories :D

The Bucket
07-16-2003, 11:22 PM
And should the biblical proportions of rain cease and the waters receed a little ... don't forget to work a Carolina rigged Pumpkinseed or Watermelon colored Lizard ;)

Fresh - Salt, either way it's still fishin'

`bucket

inawe
07-17-2003, 08:19 AM
preciate the info fisher people guess theres only one more thing to do and thats [GO GETTUM ]:D