avalon pier oct 20 21 22 [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : avalon pier oct 20 21 22

striperswiper
10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
i will be down insearch fer the red ones that weekend and probably do some speck fishin anyone fishin that area that weekend let me know i know of a few good speck holes down there :D

CrawFish
10-13-2006, 02:45 AM
I'll be there.

Wilber
10-13-2006, 08:54 AM
SS, about a half mile south of Avalon is a great hole, check it at low tide and fish it at high. Use the second pull off south of the pier, the hole is just a tad north. Every time I fished it the crowd stopped way before the hole and you should have it to yourself. I caught a nice 3lber out there as well as some smaller speck too.

Good luck.

PS The beach at the Ritz is real pretty, just south of the walkover, Crawfish knows where I'm talking about, might be worth a few casts.

striperswiper
10-13-2006, 09:30 AM
SS, about a half mile south of Avalon is a great hole, check it at low tide and fish it at high. Use the second pull off south of the pier, the hole is just a tad north. Every time I fished it the crowd stopped way before the hole and you should have it to yourself. I caught a nice 3lber out there as well as some smaller speck too.

Good luck.

PS The beach at the Ritz is real pretty, just south of the walkover, Crawfish knows where I'm talking about, might be worth a few casts.

i know of all the spots your talking about i got some nice specks across from the ritz this spring i cant wait till i move back down that way i really got hooked on speck fishn when i was down there this year i should be movn back down there in march :D

DavB
10-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Hmmm. At this point, I too plan to be down there that weekend. Me and "offspring".

Plan to hit Nags Head Pier over Avalon. Hoping to miss a bit of the crowd. Also plan to fish Little Bridge and Oregon Inlet catwalk.

It all depends on the conditions at the time...

CrawFish
10-13-2006, 10:07 AM

I know exactly where you're talking about. I might even stay at that Motel so I can hop over for a quick cast. Looking forward seeing you again at the Fourth Event Wilber.

Fishbreath
10-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey guys, I'll be down there on the 25th - 29th.

Teo, give me a call if you're down there...;)

CrawFish
10-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, I'll be down there on the 25th - 29th.

Teo, give me a call if you're down there...;)
FB, I'm not fishing the F&F tourney, but I'll be down there that weekend. I've gotta try to catch a decent fall fish. I'll give you a call when I get there. I still have to drink that beer and smoke that cigar that you save for me that day. ;) :D :)

Fishbreath
10-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Dude, they're waiting on you...;)