Fort Fisher this weekend [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Fort Fisher this weekend

Ryan Y
09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
DArin and Danny, Let me know what time youguys are going to be on the beach tommorow. Im going to come down and meet up with guys for a little while. HOLLA!:D

Finger_Mullet
09-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Ryan/Bill

We will not leave Asheboro until around 10:00 or 11:00am. That should put us down around 3:00pm. It will take a little while to rig up my rods and load the truck.

We will probably catch a few hours of fishing on Friday evening/night. I will have my cell phone on. Give me a call. Let me know if you don't have my #. We will probably fish just up the beach from where we fished at Croakerfest.

We will fish most of the day on Saturday. I think you said you had to work. So I will see you on Friday.

Bill let me know what days you plan on fishing. I have not heard from Danny. He is out of town at a conference. He is suppoed to get back today sometime. I am not sure what time he will be down. I will have to drive up to the parking lot to pick him up. he does not have 4wd.

Darin

Danny
09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I need to work all day tomorrow & plan to roll in around 8:00 p.m.
Bill - got my new (not new) squidder; very interested in seeing your knobby setup.
I'll call Darin when I get close to see where yall are.
My cell # is 919-270-9915

Danny

bstarling
09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
I am planing to be down there Saturday moring. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Hopefully the fish will welcome us with open mouths.

Bill

Finger_Mullet
09-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Fellas, I am leaving in the morning heading down. I will not log back on anymore until Monday.

If you have to tell me something call my cell. 336-953-2909. Bill, I know it is on your phone because I saved it myself.

What time do you plan on getting on the beach on Saturday morning. I think Danny said the tide would be high around 0830. I will try to be there around 0700. If not, Bill, warm up my fishing spot. Are we gonna try for any sharks this time?
I don't think anyone is gonna have a yak.
I figure I will have a big bait out for drum or whatever hits it and try for some tasty flounder and whiting.

Danny said he is the man with his new throw net so bait should be no problem. Bill, better grab a few fish heads in case Danny is telling us a fib. I will pick-up some mullet and shrimp.

See ya'll Friday or Saturday.

Darin
Darin

uncdub13
09-21-2006, 09:01 PM
bait should be thick. i was snaggin them by accident yesterday with a stingsilver here at wrightsville. i might come out there and join yall this weekend if not preoccupied with creek fishing.

bstarling
09-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm thinking about getting there sometime in the 7-8am time frame. If I can get rolling, I might be earlier, if not, I maybe later. Does that sound positivly indefinite? I think the bait situation won't be a problem, the surf has been full of mullet. I'll probaably bring my 113HLW on the 12 OM and throw as big a bait as I can and then fish the regular drum sized bait on another. There have been some puppies and flounder in the slew. They seem to have an affinity for mullet minnows right now. I'm sure we'll do some good, just don't know how good.

Bill

sleepyhead
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
So where do you pickup a permit to get on the beach? IS there plenty of room on the beach for a camper? Is it pretty safe to sleep on the beach in my camper? I might slide down friday night and fish till sunday morning. I"m assuming you are fishing the south end. What else is going on down there other then the sharks? Thanks

bstarling
09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
You can get a permit at the Office in the building complex that is the first you pass on the left as you come into the Rec Area. The sand is somewhat soft and cut up, but if you air down good and proper you should be able to get a camper onto the beach. It is a safe place, but I'm not sure that the rangers will like the idea of "camping on the beach". I think the thing is campers are ok, but you must be "actively engaged in fishing". I guess a rod out would quilify for that one. There are lots of fish down there. Everything from big sharks, tarpon, drum to spots. It's a nice fishing hole.

Come on down,

Bill

sleepyhead
09-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Ok cool. Well I take the camper to hatteras. So I'm guessing the sand is soft as hatteras sand is. IS there a place to air there? Oh my cell is 336-516-3058.

Ryan Y
09-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey Sleepyhead. The Camping deal is not legal, but I've seen them on the beach there before. I think that actively fishing thing might be the way to go. The sand here is a little more difficult than hatteras. The sand going out onto the beach at crossover number 1 is like soup. It is almost up hill as well. You should be fine though. I think the Trading post at fort fisher still has air, as well as the scotchman on Highway 421 North in CB at Sumter Aveneue. Both Places cost 50 cents or so.
Bill, Sorry I cant make it on Saturday Bro, But I will catch up to you!

bstarling
09-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Ryan,

Going to miss you man. We'll make it soon. Matbe WB one evening next week.

Bill