Atlantic Beach [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Atlantic Beach

narfpoit
09-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Well it looks like I will be heading down to Atlantic Beach for the weekend. Anyway this will be the first time I have had a kayak down that way so I was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to put in and fish. If the water is not to rough from all of the storms then I will try in the surf as well. Also if anyone knows where I can castnet some bait that would be great too. Thanks for all the help.

John

narfpoit
09-19-2006, 10:21 PM
well it is a little late but here goes. On Saturday the 16th me and my dad found a little spot to fish in the sound. We castnetted some finger mullet and started fishing around the dock we were on when we started to see some reds comeing around a point about a 150 yards from us. We watched with hope that they may come down but they dissappeared before they reached us. They did this about three times before I went back to the truck and got my big rod out. I cast a mullet head as far as I could and waited. after about 10 minutes my clicker goes off and I can tell it is a pretty nice fish I get him up to the dock we are on and begin try and figure out how to get him up. That is when he came unbuttoned. This would have been my biggest red ever. But I did not give up I rebaited and cast again. Then my Dad gets a hit which quickly cuts him on some oysters. He rerigs with a heavier leader and casts back out and gets another hit as he gets the fish in I get in the water and grab him. He ended up going 21 inches. A little later I get one on my big rod again. this time he stays on and I get him in. I could tell he wasnt as big as my first but he still ended up going 24 inches. After that the rays started moving in and some guys came in and started throwing there castnets right where we were fishing. In the end we got our limit and had an awesome time. Anyway here is a pic of my dad and my son with the reds.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e242/fliesforall/redfish1.jpg

John

Redhorse
09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Nice pics...:)

Good lookin' boy there narfpoit, start'm young...:D

narfpoit
09-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah he is great. His three favorite things are spiderman, Guns, and fishing with daddy and Papa.
John