"Little Hatteras" Surf Fishing Tournament Results [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : "Little Hatteras" Surf Fishing Tournament Results

Wilber
09-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Well they bumped the number of teams from 60 something last year to 90 this year, with all the teams on the waiting list for these things it was a good thing.
The fishing was slow to say the least, after the first day of fishing the leaders had less than 50 pts., That's slow. Plus it was rainy and cool which didn't help the general mood.
The second day was much prettier, sunny and warm, but we still had a ne/nw wind and this was a south beach tournament and you know what that means. Any way, we were fishinng south of ramp 55 in a rather pretty spot but catching nothing, to add to the depression we watched False Alberts bustin' out front about 500yds most of the session. As luck would have it the alberts popped up just outside the bar for about 2 minutes and the guys hooked 3, they put 2 on the beach and 1 pulled the hook. The 2 Alberts were worth 44 points and that bumped us up to first place.
The last session we were 2 stations south of 55 in a nice deep hole, until the tide fell out and left us wading to the bar for the last hour. We scraped out 17 points which was enough to hold on to first place.
By the numbers, 6 guys fished 12 hours each and we scored 20 fish, slow to say the least. Keep in mind I used the the word "we" quite often, that is a polite way of including my angling efforts in the teams score, Yeap Wilber went scoreless for the whole tournament.
Crapith occurith.

Fishbreath
09-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Great report Wilber...tellin' it like it is. :)

Drumdum
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Congrats to you and your team,Wilber!! Nice job!!! :)

I can't say my real feelings about the tourney organizers choices though...:mad:

Wheatland_Whilly
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
bad juju when the sponsers of a tourney dont support beach access and wont let..no, absolutly DENY OBPA a chance to give an access report. AmaZing....amazing.
:mad:

jerseysalt
09-12-2006, 09:08 AM
need to keep this on top cause of the tourny not permitting OBPA time to speak to the teams about access...seems the board is against access,,,,,..weird right but true....JS

Cutbait Bob
09-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey Wheatley... uh... that 'store' they're talking about on the rdt board - is that the one that OBbiter refers to as the "Dukes of Hazzard" Store?? The 'General Lee"?? or vice versa as the case may be?? I'm thinking that's the one - down there next to the "I need a six of Newcastle tables".

OBTW - aewsome pic of the "Chupacabra" - lol... Where do you get those things??

jerseysalt
09-12-2006, 07:14 PM
she on the civic board...this is public record...JS

Jersey,a little too specific for this board.. Sorry,I had to edit it... Sandflea has allowed me and others to post raffles,and many specifics of the problems we face on Hatteras Island as far as access..Both he and I are for open and free access of the beaches on Hatteras Island. Posting specific businesses that do not support OBPA may be taking things a bit too far..
Being a moderator,I am trying to keep it civil.. :)

jerseysalt
09-12-2006, 10:13 PM
sorry for the post but it is public record....they just need to explain....JS