fishing trip at wrightsville pier [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : fishing trip at wrightsville pier

troutmaster
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Last weekend I went to willmington to visit my grandmother. While I was there I went to the wrightsville Beach Pier and fished from about 6:30 am to 12:00 in the afternoon,....I caught nothing. That was dissapointing. Later that day I went backout at about 7:30 pm and stayed untill 1:00 in the morning. I did nit catch anything untill dark hit, then I caught 4 baby sharks and that was it.........I had better luck in the pond in my grandmothers back yard where I caught about 5 catfish around 20 inches and the biggest at 25 inches. I also caught a largemouth bass 11 inches long. All in all, the trip was ok, but i dont think ill go back to the pier for a while,lol.........ill just fish in the bay and the atlantic where i live in norfolk.

Hurricane44
08-23-2006, 09:43 PM
You forgot to mention how darn expensive it is to fish off the Wrightsville pier, $8 a rod! Sorry you didn't catch anything, I was on Kure Beach Pier a few weeks ago for 2 days, only caught small bait fish and one 5'-6' shark, caught and released. Good luck next time!

David

original hooker
08-25-2006, 09:46 AM
next time just fish the surf at any of the access lots or do the S.end at the jetties (you will lose tackle on the right side of the wall until you figure out the structure layout) flounder, drum, spanish, blues... or the N.end for drum ( 20 min. walk). Also, do the waterways for flounder, drum, ladyfish....before 9am parking free or after 6pm...between times is 1.50 an hr in metered spaces......

LEADDRAFT
08-28-2006, 09:06 AM
^^^^
What He said....
The water is just way too clear, for much during the summer... (hey it's like a swimming pool)...
Now until late fall the north end should start producing,,, around shell island,,, is AWSOME! for big whiting and drum.....
The Inlet is a popular spot for LARGE Specs!
South End,, the same for drummies/flounder/specs/blues......
Jetty? well anything could happen....
;)