probably a stupid question.... [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : probably a stupid question....

Richmond Medic
08-07-2006, 03:18 AM
here goes... a few of us are comming down on wed-sun. we are staying in a hotel in ocracoke. the hotel room has a mini fridge but no freezer. is there any place where we could take our clean packaged fish to freeze? if we get into anything good we would like to take it back to va. so.... we need a place with a freezer and room for us. we would be willing to pay. any info???

POMPINOLOVER
08-07-2006, 03:20 AM
Why not just take a big cooler and keep them on ice the whole time? Just drain the water daily and add new ice, and be sure to keep the fish on top of the ice....Just My thoughts Dee

USEF THE MAG
08-07-2006, 08:44 AM
need a cooler; cause you wont be catching much at all...its dead summer.... you will get some small frying stuff.. and i guess if you want to keep a shark ......................

notso
08-07-2006, 09:40 AM
When Bob & Nancy owned Tradewinds, they would freeze people's catch for them. They recently sold the shop, so I'm not sure if the new owners are still doing that or not... You could ask on the Tradewinds board...

can't fish today
08-07-2006, 11:05 PM
probably a stupid question....

..the only stupid question is the one that never gets asked. I hope the tuna comes in shallow and ya have ta beat 'em off with a stick.

Have a great time fishing while I'm working :D

AL_N_VB
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
I remeber a post with a guy that had the same problem...you can do a search on the site...but it involved layering the fish in a cooler and using salt to keep the ice colder?.......sorry I can't be of any more help.

skiffisher
08-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Allen the new owner of tradewinds did offer to keep our fish frozen for us while we where there.
MATT

Richmond Medic
08-09-2006, 12:57 AM
awesome... thanks for the help fellas... only 8 hrs till we leave!! if anyone is gonna be around ocracoke fishing look for us. ill be the guy driving the silver 4dr tacoma 4x4 with the hottie and skinny nerdy guy.... just kiddin jay. :D

Fishman
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM
When was Tradwwinds sold? :eek:

skiffisher
08-09-2006, 10:30 PM
fishman I dont know but it was sometime between april and now, because Bob did the paperwork for my two drum.

OBX Rookie
08-09-2006, 11:28 PM

It was sold in early spring, Bob and Nancy spent time after the shop was sold getting the new owners up to speed. Bob also did the paperwork on my drum as well, even though the shop had been sold already.

notso
08-10-2006, 10:04 AM

It was in April or May. I was down w/ a bud the weekend that it went down. Bob & Nancy stayed on for a while to "help w/ the transition" & I think they still help out from time to time. I've met the new owners once & they seemed like fine folks.

Fishman
08-11-2006, 07:26 PM
hanks guys for the info. Im sure Bob and Nancy have other plans for thier future.