Custom Rod Questions [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Custom Rod Questions

Jeremiahm
07-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm looking to buy a lami 150 or equivalent. I guess I have two questions. First, is there anyone out there that stocks a "factory" version of this blank on their shelves. Factory meaning not custom. Second, if I have to go the custom route to get this blank, where is the most economical place to get one wrapped? I have gotton a few prices, and they seem to range a bit. I was wondering anyone knew of a shop that would do good work at a reasonable rate.

Thanks.

Adam
07-27-2006, 08:26 PM
IMHO you can do better than that blank ...and for the same money.

I had the 150, got an Outcast and sold the 150. Lighter, faster action, fights Drum VERY well.

Just a thought ...

nozzlenut
07-28-2006, 06:48 PM
IMHO you can do better than that blank ...and for the same money.

I had the 150, got an Outcast and sold the 150. Lighter, faster action, fights Drum VERY well.

Just a thought ...

Where could a guy get his hands on an outcast blank? and which one would you recommend?
josh

Iceman
07-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Josh, just say no, lol. I don't think you can purchase the Outcast blanks any longer. Tres had them at one time but I believe due to availability he only sells the built rods now, at least this was the case last time I checked with him on these. It's a shame because these were great rods, as of 4 weeks ago I now have two and love them both. Let me know, I can let you cast either anytime.

Ron

nozzlenut
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
ron,
LOL, it's not for me I swear!!! I think my wife would shoot me if I bought another rod right now. A friend of mine is looking for one. Can you let me know when you go casting again? I'd like to get educated...some more.
Josh

scwunc
07-31-2006, 06:08 PM
A couple of my friends have ordered high-quality blanks on eBay and gotten really good deals on them. They then had them wrapped locally.

Jeremiahm
07-31-2006, 06:10 PM
thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the help.

Jeremiah

Drumdum
07-31-2006, 07:25 PM
thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the help.

Jeremiah

One more idea>> 1569 (not too good with numbers,so that could be wrong:rolleyes: ).. The rod I'm talking is EXTREMELY LIGHT and POWERFUL... It blows a lami outta the water,IMHO..

Jeremiahm
08-03-2006, 03:53 PM
I have heard mention of the 1569, but nothing concrete. I know that rainshadow has one, but that is about all I know.

Can anyone shed some light on this blank?

Drumdum
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM
I have heard mention of the 1569, but nothing concrete. I know that rainshadow has one, but that is about all I know.

Can anyone shed some light on this blank?

Yeap,that's the one... ;) I've thrown the rod before,it's very lightwieght,loads easily..
My bud Nick from TW'S has one and he flat out LAUCHES the thing...