Rodanthe Pier???? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Rodanthe Pier????

Trippolski
06-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Any reports form this pier? I go down to Rodanthe every year with my family in August and was wonderin ghow it was producing so far.

HuskyMD
06-23-2003, 09:12 AM
I will be there saturday and will be there for a week.
I get the impression that the fishing isn't that great there right now. All I can find online are pictures and descriptions of small fish. Well, other than the king fishing (but I have never tried that and probably won't bother doing it).

I am trying to decide whether to even fish the pier. It costs $30 for the week pass. I could buy a lot of bait with that $30 and go surf fishing instead.

Only problem is I'm not sure where to go surf fishing. I think I'll try okracoke at least once.

Wilber
06-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey Trip,
Ease on down the road to Buxton, the surf fishing has been pretty good. Ask around at the tackle shops for current reports.

HuskyMD
07-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Not much going on there. In a week of being there, one good king and one Jack Tre were caught. Small spot and tiny croaker being caught. Small (as in puny) sharks on cutbait.

I had much better luck fishing the sandbar that sticks out into the sound just south of Avon. Lots of blues and other fish there.