SHarks again today at Fort Fisher [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : SHarks again today at Fort Fisher

Ryan Y
07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
A few Big Black Tips Today...
One actually got Airborn, and I thought At first Jump it was a poon....It was because of the glare. I managed to get the smaller ones in. A few of the big ones broke/bit off....

THe BIG mullet are in the sound...Good luck catching them...I managed a few with a cast net today! Ryan

uncdub13
07-10-2006, 11:44 PM
thanks for that report. i might head down there tomorrow or wednesday and yak some baits out for them. what tide and time of day did you hook up if you dont mind me asking. PM if you wanna meet up and i'll paddle a bait out for ya.

Drumdum
07-11-2006, 05:33 AM
Ryan,the mullets that are in the sound here are on the flats.. Most of them are perfect cob sized,but they are almost as illusive as a bonefish to stalk up on with a castnet...:D

Ryan Y
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Ryan,the mullets that are in the sound here are on the flats.. Most of them are perfect cob sized,but they are almost as illusive as a bonefish to stalk up on with a castnet...:D

Yea, there are allot of cob mullet here as well. But the big ones are in the march pools....Ill be dragging a mullet net tommorow to get at them.

Jesse Lockowitz
07-11-2006, 10:58 PM
cool deal.

we saw a shatload of tarpon today on the pier.

i counted 8 i saw roll, and a bunch free-jumped way out.

used the rod today, throwin it on my magplated 30shv. got it tuned in really nice with 8nbait.

thanks again bro.

Jesse

Ryan Y
07-13-2006, 12:54 AM
and abused...Good luck with it mate.