Kayak Rentals [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Kayak Rentals

JimInVA
06-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm headed to Nags Head (MP17) for a week's vacation on the beach. I'll be fishing off the surf in front of the condo and thought it might be fun to yak out some baits past the sandbar. I wondered if anyone had a suggestion as to a BEST PLACE to look for kayak rentals...

Will have the notebook computer and will send reports throughout the week...

THANKS ALL!

Jim

NTKG
06-29-2006, 05:23 PM
be careful jim if you havent been on a yak. the oceanfront can be a bad place to learn if you havent done it before, esp when you get to the bar if you get turned around funny ways. i know there are places soundside to rent one. the only other places I know are down on HI.

JimInVA
06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
It will be a "first time" event should I use the kayak. We'll be just south of the old Jennette's Pier and the wave action is typically pretty calm. Perhaps I should reconsider my "yakking the bait" idea...

WALT D.
06-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Jim,

What are the dates of your trip?? If I'm not using mine you are welcome to borrow it.

Walt

JimInVA
06-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Walt...

I'm headed out this Saturday, the 1st of July. I'll be stopping by Randy's on the way out to pick up some bait (1PM-2PM) and then continuing to Nags Head. I'll return on Saturday the 8th.

I would anticipate that with the 4th of July holiday, most who own yaks will probably be using them... :D

Jim

WALT D.
06-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Yea, I'm going to be using mine this weekend in Hatteras, but I could drop it off to you on my way back thru Nags Head Monday Afternoon late if it'll help you out for the rest of the week.

Walt

JimInVA
06-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Walt... that would be absolutely awesome!!

Sending you a PM to see what we can work out...

Jim

JimInVA
06-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Done deal! Thanks to Walt, I'll have use of his newly purchased kayak Monday thru Saturday. I definately owe ya one!!

Jim

Cutbait Bob
06-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Jump in it Jim... You look real good at the water - up close. You'll know. It's a big friggin' ocean out there but a yak is kinda fun.

Let us know how you do.

We're leaving in the morning to go to Buxton. Just read someone caught a tarpon near the point. You just never know.............

I'll be yakkin if the water's suitable....

Bob

Caught Myself
06-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Jim, you might want to try your first trip on the sound so you can go into the ocean with some confidence. PM me and I'll tell you the perfect spot near where you'll be staying.

George