Sportsmans Pier. [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Sportsmans Pier.

Spooky
06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Anyone got any updates on when they are shutting down? Would like to go at least one more time this summer.:)

Washer
06-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Some locals in Atlantic Beach told me several weeks back it would stay open till the end of this season. But someone here posted a link to a news artical saying it could close this month.

Heres the phone # 252-726-3176

scwunc
06-14-2006, 10:55 AM
I spoke with the owner a few weeks ago and I think that he is still not 100% sure what he will decide. The pier has been in his family for a long time but the potential money from development has to be tempting. There were reports in the press a few months ago saying it had been sold, they were incorrect.

Spooky
06-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Was at the Pier on Saturday. Asked the owner when they were going to close. He said it still looks like end of July or later. He said the Pier hasn't been sold, it's being developed. What does that mean?:rolleyes:

Drumdum
06-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Maybe it means he's keeping the pier and the land that is on,but selling the land around it??

The Bucket
06-20-2006, 09:08 PM
... that they (future owners of Sportsmen Pier & associated property) do the same as the Boone's have for Oceanview with old Harrisions pier and keep (or in their case rebuild) the pier as a cornerstone of the development of the property :cool:

Otherwise come up with a chit load of jack or say your goodbyes and fish it one last time :(

As just one of many coastal public access issues let's do what we can to save the piers, albeit like DQ tilting at windmills ...

soap box `bucket

Washer
06-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Was at the Pier on Saturday. Asked the owner when they were going to close. He said it still looks like end of July or later. He said the Pier hasn't been sold, it's being developed. What does that mean?:rolleyes:

Seams like I was told the owner is a developer, but I could be wrong

Bull Durham
08-16-2006, 10:20 PM

The pier wasnt to be sold. The owner was going to develope it himself. Presell the condos before they were built. At least that was my understanding.

Spooky
08-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, it looks like it's done deal. I was there this weekend and word on the pier is that Labor Day weekend is the end. Also, the waitresses at the restaurant said that they would be closing in 2 weeks, so that appears to be it. The end of another era.:(