quick release cobe 6/5 [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : quick release cobe 6/5

The Bucket
06-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Newsjeff gets credit for a quick release cobia this morning when he solo'd one into the wash going an estimated 50lbs at the Point very early this morning :eek:

Jeff said he didn't need all that meat anyway so go an C&R a few more of'em for us up here in O'lVirginnie :cool:

`bucket

sand flea
06-05-2006, 10:53 PM
What?!? Jeff, you better come explain yourself.:eek:

jjaachapa
06-05-2006, 11:31 PM
I would have done the same thing.
Good job buddy.

Cdog
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM
What?!? Jeff, you better come explain yourself.:eek:
In his own words " didnt have th shock on th reel and I guess I had th drag too tight".

Sorry Jeff but ya said someone should tell th story since Shooter had alerted th whole east coast....:D

jjaachapa
06-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Wait a min. Are talking about losing one in the wash or was it a real C&R???

Dixie719
06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Dat's what you get for making fun of me and my picture from the other day!:p

Hope ya get one this week buddy, next time take out a 45. and shoot it!:eek:

Drumdum
06-06-2006, 05:58 AM
In his own words " didnt have th shock on th reel and I guess I had th drag too tight".

Sorry Jeff but ya said someone should tell th story since Shooter had alerted th whole east coast....:D

Dawg,it wasn't a "Big El" type a thing was it??:rolleyes: :p JK,Big El,ya done caught a bunch since then...;)

The Bucket
06-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Quick release discussion rendered somewhat moot with report of actual landing of cobia this morning by Newsjeff :D

Congrats Jeff you earned and am looking forward to the complete report/story :cool:

God I gotta get down there to take at least one shot at'em !

Go catch fish,

`bucket