Pier and Surf Forum banner

Back from South Nags Head...

659 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JimInVA 
#1 ·
Spent Thursday - Sunday in South Nags Head fishing the surf...

Thursday evening, fishing with shrimp only produced 5 spiny dogfish.

Friday did not fish.

Saturday, early afternoon, fishing with frozen mullet, shrimp and fishbites bloodworm. Nothing from the frozen mullet. Two skates from the shrimp. One 24" puppy drum on a bottom-rig with size 4 hooks and fishbites bloodworm. Was quite blown away with the last catch. Had started to pull my line in and let it sit in about 3' of water about 10' back from the surfline while I attended to my other rod. Could not believe my eyes! Pulled that puppy in, held it with two hands over my head for the family (watching from the 3rd floor of the condo) to see and quickly released back into the water.

Saturday, approaching sunset. One small mullet on a bottom-rig (fishbites bw)... became cutbait. Nothing more until pulling in to quit (now dark). 6" mullet bit on a small piece of fresh mullet and something munched the back 3" of the caught mullet. Was oblivious to all until it was reeled in.

Sunday... a blustery day, indeed. No fishing.

Jim

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.