How and where is the Fishing? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : How and where is the Fishing?

Sledge142
12-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Have some free time this week and was thinking of driving down to the outer banks to wet some bait...how is the fishing from the surf?...are there any piers still open?...haven't seen much on the board...than:) ks...

Drumdum
12-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Surf has been hit and miss.. With this wind things should,pick up,but no promises.. Piers are all closed to my knowlege except the ones up north of Hat.. Freind of mine went out in his boat off OI sat and caught one 41in striper,and several heards of BIG bluefish..:D

Cdog
12-26-2005, 07:20 PM
From reports I've read and word of mouth sounds like things are slow.No piers are open that I know of but someone in the "know" might pipe in with better info.There he is lol.:D

Drumdum
12-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Did hear a report that over the weekend there were some fish caught at Corova with metal from the surf this past weekend,so maybe soon??:rolleyes:

Sledge142
12-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info...maybe with the weather breaking a little later this week, Thursday morning might be a good time...

TreednNC
12-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Fished Salvo today.....doggies and skates....boats off the shipwreck... half a mile to a mile out roughly....lot of birds, seein em pick up a few peanut bunker here and there, no stripers...maybe soon. Ill be here all week...Shooter holler if you see this, if you post that youve seen the report, I wont call...Ill give it another day. Might ride up to the north end tomarrow and try it....Will report tomarrow night

The Bucket
12-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Nj and I covered Duck COE Pier to Avon to no avail while NS4D caught the critters at ramp 34. Looked fishy here and there along the way and heard of reports of fish being caught the last few days here and there :rolleyes:

Thought we might salvage the trip when at Coquina beach/north side of OI this afternoon up until sunset with the birds thick and gannets pounding the water, no soap :(

Go catch,

`bucket

EDMboarder
12-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Headin down for the week tommorow morining around 3:00 Am. I'll post a report as soon as I get back.

TreednNC
12-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Gonna head up towards corolla in the AM...burgundee ext cab tacoma no rod racks or a burgundee extended cab tundra no rod racks....

Shooter
12-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Treed I hear ya and as soon as ya find them feeshies be sure to call me and I will head down ;) OK so I will be heading down later in the week no matter what. A mans got to do what he wants on his birthday anyway and I got some real smoooooth Burbon that needs sippen and some fish to catch :D

TreednNC
12-27-2005, 06:16 AM
5:15AM Tuesday AM....packing the truck and headed north to corolla to find the fishies...65mile run one way, but oh well, i aint down here to limit myself to doggies and skates:rolleyes: ill update when I get back:eek:

AplusWebMaster
12-29-2005, 08:14 PM
'Looks like the fishin' is here:

- http://friscorodgun.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=846

...just ONE of those in this lifetime, please. And they got their limit for the day.

:cool: