Politicians boost Salt Water license fee? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Politicians boost Salt Water license fee?

AplusWebMaster
12-03-2005, 09:11 AM
'Sure looks like it:

- http://www.ncfisheries.net/recreational/NCRecSaltLicense.htm
(See the pdf file linked from there...)

:(

kinnakeettom
12-03-2005, 06:07 PM
equal to on average what I have to pay in other states, no more freebies. Only thing I'm saying is that we were 10 years late in doing it, and its about time. Same thing for the ferry system, tired of my tax dollars subsidizing things for tourists, who are willing to pay anyway.
Drove the beach and fished up north lately????

Fishbreath
12-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Sour grapes Tom. :( For tourists and fishermen, alike, the politicians are slowly taking every dollar they can. Its a good thing if it applies to resource conservation, fish stocks, pollution clean-up, etc. but not when they just stuff their own porkbarrel pockets with lobbyist dollars. Without tourist dollars, places like HI and yes, many northern resorts and fishing holes would be desolate economies. There is still free saltwater fishing in MD and VA.

tw
12-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Where might that be?

Fishbreath
12-03-2005, 08:57 PM
just checked the VA, MD, and DE regulations. For saltwater surf fishing (ocean side), VA does charge, MD and DE do not.

kingfish
12-03-2005, 09:05 PM
SC don't charge either.

kinnakeettom
12-04-2005, 12:44 AM
No sour grapes, keep the monies in marine fisheries, and no where else. And with the internet, word of mouth, 30 dollars will ebb the flow of people fishing the island? I think not. Especially if you are paying from 2 to 10K to rent a house. Checked on the cost of an out of state bait shrimping license in SC lately?? It ain't cheap, but I buy one every year, cause there is nothing finer than SC white shrimp.

AplusWebMaster
12-04-2005, 01:43 AM
keep the monies in marine fisheries...
"It ain't so, Joe..."

NONE of the money will benefit the fishermen. License money never has, 'never will. 'Just another way for the politician to stick their hands in our pockets.

:(

Digger
12-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Aplus you are flat out wrong. In Va it goes for the fish or how to catch them. Studies, piers and the like. here is a link to a PDF that show where it goes.http://www.mrc.state.va.us/swrfdf.pdf

kinnakeettom
12-04-2005, 09:27 AM
That might be the case where you are from, but the nice thing about it is if you don't want to pay for the license then don't fish in NC.
I just do not like my tax dollars subsidizing, an industry that should be self supporting, such as the tourist industry.
The license is here and going to stay, but it also gives us recreational people something, that you have failed to mention entirely, and the most important, a voice to be heard in Raleigh.

RuddeDogg
12-04-2005, 09:58 AM
We don't have that here in Jersey......(YET)...

Rudy
12-04-2005, 09:40 PM
the $$$ go where they are intended, I have no problem with it. $15/year isn't gonna kill me or keep me from fishing. I'm optimistic for the use of the money.