almost to the outer banks [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : almost to the outer banks

chipotle
12-01-2005, 04:21 AM
I was wanding when the best time to come to RODANTHE was i really love it there I just came down 11/26 thru 11/29. my friend landed a 44 inch drum, and I really didn't catch anything but dogfish . we saw a school of blues on the other side of the bridge at OI but could not get them to touch notathing. I am coming back down sometime in March hopefully. Any info would be helpfull I'm not to worried about stripers ore drum just something fun like biters or cobia.also i wanted to work down there this spring and summer right now I work at food lion, it su#$!

chipotle
12-01-2005, 04:27 AM
I was wanding when the best time to come to RODANTHE was i really love it there I just came down 11/26 thru 11/29. my friend landed a 44 inch drum, and I really didn't catch anything but dogfish . we saw a school of blues on the other side of the bridge at OI but could not get them to touch notathing. I am coming back down sometime in March hopefully. Any info would be helpfull I'm not to worried about stripers ore drum just something fun like biters or cobia.also i wanted to work down there this spring and summer right now I work at food lion, it su#$! I wish I had all the money in the world I would bUy Hatteras and change into the first tax free place in the USA

chipotle
12-01-2005, 04:37 AM
I wish I had all the money in the world I would bUy Hatteras and change into the first tax free place in the USA
THE 1 THING I WANT TO GET IS EVERY BODY TO SEE IS THAT NO MATTER WHAT,ANYBODY SHOULD SEE IS THAT WE ALL NEED TO HELP 1 ANOTHER OUT, AND I NEED HELP. THANK ALL

flathead
12-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Just my opinion but:

I go first week in October every year because that's my wife's fall break,but;

October 15th - November 15th would be my preferrred time to visit Hatteras in the fall,especially for drum but lots of other stuff still around during that time frame(but generally no cobias).

April 15th - May 15th in the spring,but if you fish Ocracoke,I'd say April 1st - May 1st

For cobia,usually Memorial Day weekend through June.

If your schedule is flexible,check these boards regularly for winds,water temps,and bait.When the correct mix of all three are there at the same time,the fish are usually there also.

Drumdum
12-01-2005, 09:20 AM
THE 1 THING I WANT TO GET IS EVERY BODY TO SEE IS THAT NO MATTER WHAT,ANYBODY SHOULD SEE IS THAT WE ALL NEED TO HELP 1 ANOTHER OUT, AND I NEED HELP. THANK ALL

I live here and can't get on most of the bites here,cause there is always one intangible..

>>>>>>>WORK:--|

bluerunner
12-01-2005, 12:31 PM

dude, i stay up later than just about anybody else on the board, and I was asleep for your three posts. Give us a little time. Now, as for your question, i'm gonna try and make it down the weekend of the 16th for some stripers. Cobia are gone, but there may be some wandering biters around even thought water temps are a little low.