Nice fish OBXRookie [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Nice fish OBXRookie

Cdog
11-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Jay had the misfortune of fishing with me yesterday, skunked!

Today he got smart and left me at the house and caught this (https://pierandsurf.com/photopost/data/500/11231Jay_striper_001.jpg) .

Congrats Jay, see ya next weekend. ;)

TreednNC
11-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I hope they stay sloooow n scattered until the end of Dec. when I get there ;).............Nice fish OBX Rookie

Hat80
11-27-2005, 06:57 PM
nice fish. :D Just think, next week that fish could have been the winner. :cool: You better save some of that good juju! ;)....Hat

JDimig
11-27-2005, 07:35 PM
No, not the fish but the fishermen. If you will notice the pickup tailgate behind OBX... thats where 200lbs of fresh bunker was being unloaded at Hatteras Jacks on Sunday. After a rather prolonged bait shortage on the island it almost looked like them people trying to get into Walmart on Friday. :D

Nice to meet you OBX Rookie and Seadog (or is it still going to be OLDMAN). :p

Big Worm
11-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Nice feesh. I am looking forward to getting in on that action. Again what a beaut!

Drumdum
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Between goin where I go ta fish and leavin early,we never crossed paths,but h#ll of a nice fish dude... ;)

RuddeDogg
11-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Awesome fish. Good job!!!!

Shooter
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
If ya keep catchum like that ya cant be called Rookie,,, oh yea you were suppose to tell ONLY ME where ya caught it :D

flathead
11-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Nice fish !! And,Tommy,you keep on chunkin' man.the beeg juan gonna find yer chunk soon :D Mebbe,this weekend :D This front comin' through is gonna keep the water warm a couple days and probably a leetle muddy to.That's good news for those still wanting to catch some drum but it may keep the striped ones a leetle bit north.If I was able to go,I know where I'd be settin' up shop fer 42 hours. ;)

OBX Rookie
11-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks to all! It was down to the wire on fishing time but persistence payís off. :D It was truly a day to remember, watching that pole pointing east could only mean one thing, FISH ON!!! :D :D :D Now the battle was on, as I took the pole out of the rod holder, I couldnít help but think about the big one that got away on AI only weeks ago. :--| As you can see this battle ended in my favor, :D it was a worthy battle, but one I had to do on my own since Old man decided to spend his morning filling out his AARP membership, some of you know Old man as Cdog but that screen name is a typo! Thanks to everyone for all the help and guidance over the last few years, couldnít of done it with out all of your help! Now all I have to do is produce a couple more for the Wheels Reels Striper Show Down next weekend. Sorry I missed you Kenny, hope to see you next weekend on the beach! Just remember, itís a Striper SURFFISHING tournament not a Drum PLANKER tournament! Good luck to all!
Good to meet you also Jdimig, hope the fresh bait is around next weekend!
Almost forgot, you all are probably wondering about the location of the catch, FROM THE BEACH more details to follow, just get with me 8:01AM Sunday, and I will give you all the details.