cape point [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : cape point

surf rat
11-17-2005, 05:31 PM
The fish are there. I went last nite and caught 4. Two at dusk and two about midnight. Finger mullet was the bait. I caught the first one of the evening then several more were hooked.

Fishbreath
11-17-2005, 05:34 PM
The fish are there. I went last nite and caught 4. Two at dusk and two about midnight. Finger mullet was the bait. I caught the first one of the evening then several more were hooked.

How far out did you go? Were you back out on the extended bar at the point after dark or where you fishing from shore?

chris storrs
11-17-2005, 06:02 PM
u talkin about drum or striper?

surf rat
11-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Two from the beach at high tide and two wadeing out about 50 yards at low tide. I did not want to go farther due to heavy currents. The guys that were trying to fish from shore at low tide were cramping my style. It made it hard to cast without hitting their lines. I blew up a couple reels.There hadn't been a fish caught from shore after about half past flood tide. As soon as I could wade out I hooked up on my first cast. After that I caught another and missed one or two.I am sure they would have bit as soon as the tide started in. I was tired so I called it a nite. If you can get out far enough to hit the shoal it is a hookup about every cast at nite. You have to make a long cast in waist deep water with waves....Good luck...for this situation Purglas rods rule. That is what they were designed for. They like a short drop. 350 -3 with 6 oz. I have been useing a cut back Primo Synchro that is the best 6 and bait rod I have ever thrown.Use 8 from shore but 6 is enough on the shoal.