North Beach Report [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : North Beach Report

Tommy
11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
My cousin, a friend and I fished the north beaches yesterday. It was kinda slow until 3:30 when the sea mullett, blues and blowtoads turned on hot and heavy for about 3 hours. Not the big drum we had hoped for but lots of fun and goooood eatin!!

Tommy

Drumdum
11-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah,Tommy the big drum have been far and few here lately,but I got a feelin that this sw and a cold front coming are gonna get things on the move again.. Also,there has been some bait spoted which is a MOST EXCELLENT SIGN as well.. ;)

Fishbreath
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
That's good news on the wind and cold front. I spent a nice weekend on the beach at the point and North beaches the past weekend. Only saw one person hookup with a big drum but he got a tad anxious and horsed it. RESULT - Busted line and lots of 4 letter expletives. We did catch lots of monster sea mullet though and saw a fight occur on the Point. Guess folks got a bit uptight over territory or something.

On another note, do you know where I can pick up an FHB sticker? I'm heading back down pretty soon, hoping between now and December for another weekend on the beach. Hope there'll be biting and not fighting... :-)

Regards,
FishBreath

Tommy
11-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Sometimes people do get anal out there on the point. Had a guy just go off on me a few years ago because I was passing behind him in the conga line. Laid a world class cussing on me and we were'nt even tangled, I was out farther and just passing behind him with the drift. Blood boiled for a second but I was there to fish not fight so I just moved on. Found out he had just lost a big drum in a tangle and was pretty much laying it on anybody in sight.

And he was a point regular...lol

Tommy

BaitWaster
11-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Tommy, just telling a "Point Regular" you were out farther than him probably set him off! :D

Tommy
11-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey Bernie,

Yea it really startled me. From what I later leaned it was not uncommon for this guy to go off on people that were'nt in the local click.

He was a little suprised when I walked on past him and we didn't tangle... :)

Tommy

Drumdum
11-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey Bernie,

Yea it really startled me. From what I later leaned it was not uncommon for this guy to go off on people that were'nt in the local click.

He was a little suprised when I walked on past him and we didn't tangle... :)

Tommy

Do I get three guesses on who that was?? :D :p

Drumdum
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
That's good news on the wind and cold front. I spent a nice weekend on the beach at the point and North beaches the past weekend. Only saw one person hookup with a big drum but he got a tad anxious and horsed it. RESULT - Busted line and lots of 4 letter expletives. We did catch lots of monster sea mullet though and saw a fight occur on the Point. Guess folks got a bit uptight over territory or something.

On another note, do you know where I can pick up an FHB sticker? I'm heading back down pretty soon, hoping between now and December for another weekend on the beach. Hope there'll be biting and not fighting... :-)

Regards,
FishBreath

They did catchem at the point today,so I guess the front helped a little.. ;)

Neptunes in Grandy or TW's for FHB stickers..

Tommy
11-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Kenny you could probably nail it with just one guess... :)

Drumdum
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Kenny you could probably nail it with just one guess... :)

Yeap,but I won't... :rolleyes: :D

Fishbreath
11-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the info Kenny. Guess that's my stop on the way down. Glad to hear the weather is turning a bit. Take it easy. See ya'll soon! :D

Milt