Protected Species Meetings & Public Input Cape Hatteras NC [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Protected Species Meetings & Public Input Cape Hatteras NC

for access
10-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Final dates for Scoping Sessions for the Interim Protected Species Management Strategy (meetings and public input) have been set. The scoping sessions are designed to get YOUR ideas on how protected species should be managed. This is where you can make a real difference.

MEETING DATES FOR SCOPING SESSIONS FOR THE INTERIM PROTECTED SPECIES MANAGEMENT STRATEGY—ONE IN WASHINGTON D.C.

November 1, 2005 from 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. at the Dare County Fessenden Center, 46830 NC12, Buxton, NC.

November 2, 2005 from 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. at the Wright Brothers National Memorial First Flight Centennial Pavilion, 8 ˝ Milepost Hwy. 158, Kill Devil Hills, NC.

November 3, 2005 from 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. at the City Museum, 801 K Street, NW, Washington, DC.

Each meeting will run as follows: 5:30 – 6:30 sign-in and open house, 6:30 – 7:00 short presentation, 7:00 – 8:00 public hearing, and 8:00 – 9:00 open house.

PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD

The public comment period has been set for 10/17 to 11/17. It is extremely important that we comment and that we make our comments relevant to the task at hand. As it stands now, the issues identified in the scoping document range from direct impacts of recreational use and indirect impacts of recreational use such as "soundscape" changes to the natural processes issue.

In the event that you need some ideas or that you don’t feel comfortable writing your own statement, I have posted my statement. By this point you know my views on the subject and if you agree with my views you are welcome to use all or part of it.

http://www.reddrumtackle.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=26572

If you use my comments or if your comments are more than 4,000 characters you will have to submit them via snail mail, POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN 11/17.

Superintendent
Outer Banks Group
1401 National Park Road Manteo, NC 27954

If your comments are within the stated limit, you may use the planning site to submit your comments on-line.

http://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?projectId=13331&documentID=12822