Carolina Beach Headboat suggestions [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Carolina Beach Headboat suggestions

outdoorsoccer15
09-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi! all,

My wife and I will be celebrating our 1 yr anniversary down in Carolina Beach (October 9th wknd). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good headboat in that area. Tentatively we would like to do a half-day trip, but are open to full-day trips suggestions.

Thanks a bunch. Good luck to everyone fishing.

ODS15

Finger_Mullet
09-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Their is only 1 headboat company in Carolina Beach. Winner runs the show.
I probably have fished on all of his boats. We fished a 1/2 day trip about a year ago. This past summer they did not offer a 1/2 day trip. Only full day trips. You typically catch fish on his boats.

Tightlines!!!

bluerunner
09-20-2005, 06:25 PM
I have heard really good things about the Carolina Princess, but never fished any of them myself

in2win
09-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I have heard really good things about the Carolina Princess, but never fished any of them myself

Do the Rothrock boys still run that operation ?

CATCHEMUP,

Mike

bluerunner
09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
last i heard it was Capt. Woo Woo Harker ?

AtlantaKing
09-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I fished the Carolina Princess back in July and IMHO, they run a very good operation. The accomodated all of my weird requests (like filling buckets with seawater to keep my pinfish alive) with a smile and were extremely helpful. Capt Harker will put you on the fish, too. The full day trip I took in July had 40 or so people on it, and landed at least 40 keeper grouper.

outdoorsoccer15
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Hey! All,

Thanks for all the replies. I will call Winter and see what they offer for that weekend. Can you pick which boat to go on? What are your opinions on half vs full day? My wife really likes to eat grouper and snapper. Can you get a boat for half day trip for those types of fish or do you usually have to get a full day trip?

Thanks again,

ODS15

Finger_Mullet
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
You will just have to call to see what they are offering on the dates you will be down. I would recommend a full day. The last time I went on a full day was the day the tornado hit Myrtle Beach. We went thru the same storm. Everyone on the boat got sick. We headed home early due to the large swells. I think we were on the Winner Queen.

Good Luck!!!!