blue crab [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : blue crab

giggingfever
09-19-2005, 03:18 AM
how long should i boil crabs? i am cleaning them so it is just the legs and chest. also any recipes would be great, seen a few in reference to stuffed flounder. any ideas or advice would be great. thanx.

p.s. reading the posts you guys write, i am learning alot. just wanted to say thanx for all the great knowledge in here. :D i have very stressful job and fishing helps so much, wish i had started a long time ago :cool: anyways thanx again...

JoMama115
09-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Hey there,
Here is all the info you need on blue crabs - this website is a great resource! It includes recipies for steaming and boiling as well as helpful tips when handling live crabs.

http://www.blue-crab.org/url]

Good luck and Have fun!

LiteTackleChamp
09-19-2005, 01:59 PM
dont boil them, steam them they taste so much better

to steam them have something on the bottom of the pot that keeps the crabs seperate from the liquid then add one 12oz beer, 6oz of vinger, and alot of old bay
steam then on high n check them every 5 mins till they turn orange then let them steam for 25 mintues then they are done

RuddeDogg
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
What tacklechamp said, however......
I prefer to use fresh herbs. For example, when steaming shirmp I use fresh mint and rosemary. Put the herbs in first like a bedding and place the shrimp on top. Same for crabs but I toss in some fresh dill.