morehead fishing [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : morehead fishing

locktight
09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Myself and some friends are heading down oct. 8
to Morehead City I would like to know whats biteing. This is my first time down hope to have a fishing good time.
What kind of bait should I get. If we take a boat trip who is the best captian and the name of his boat. I have fished from Maryland to Delware only thing biting is spots and pearch small sizes :

FishRung
09-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Where will you be fishing? You have a lot to choose from - Intracoastal piers, Atlantic Beach surf or piers, Fort Macon beach, Beaufort, boats of all sizes - and the answer varies for each location.

My preference is always the surf. Early October means lots of bait in the water, so live and cut mullet will be the best bait. Perhaps a surface popper or floated live bait if the water is reasonably quiet

Washer
09-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I like to fish the surf in Indian Beach no bragging size fish but have had good catches there and beach driving permit is only $20 for the town. Should be good at the public access by the now gone Iron steemer pier :( Have been told that the pilings were cut and still some structure there. Mabey someone can clarify this. Sure do miss that pier, caught my first keeper flounder and speck there.