Decided to abandon ship................ [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Decided to abandon ship................

Topsailbum
09-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Was down at Hatteras yesterday and today.I hope the hurricane would go elsewhere but it looks like its coming in at Cape Lookout and moving northwest. Kenny, I was looking forward to staying at your place for a week but it hasn't worked out that way. :rolleyes: I'll give it a shot in a few weeks I guess. Good luck Kenny and family. Looks like she will come in on ya'll from the back side. :(

Drumdum
09-12-2005, 05:52 AM
If she would have zipped on through,ya coulda stayed with no problem,but with it sitting there spinnin,she could do some damage,and we don't want our problems to be your's... ;)

the rhondel
09-12-2005, 10:32 AM
...oh heck Topsail.DD would have ya on the feesh and outta there before the high winds hit ;) :D ;) ....the R

Topsailbum
09-12-2005, 08:09 PM
That is a fact Rhondel but the winds were already gale force from a nor' easter. 12oz wouldnt hold bottom so I needed to scram. Was sorta beatin a dead horse ya might say. Another time, another week I'll get to feesh with the great DD. Like DD said if she would sail on thru . no problem but this WITCH likes to set up camp and stay awhile.

Drumdum
09-12-2005, 08:13 PM
this WITCH likes to set up camp and stay awhile.

Yeap,that's the scary part...

If that thing had skirted on through here,ya mighta been in on some good fishin,but as it is,might be a mess.. :rolleyes:

sand flea
09-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I think it won't be a catastrophic storm, but it's moving so slowly that it's chewing the beaches to death. Did the same thing in Florida and it looks to do the same from Wilmington to Hatteras.

Good luck, folks. Stay safe.

sprtsracer
09-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Yep...chewed up the baches real good here. Hope this biddy makes her mind up and saunters off into the North Atlantic somewhere and decides to leave the coastline alone. If not, and she strengthens again, you guys stay safe and "hunker down"!!!

NTKG
09-12-2005, 11:57 PM
we don't want our problems to be your's... ;)

damn kenny your problems are everyone here's problems.

i hope all goes well with you guys be safe down there!

neil

Drumdum
09-13-2005, 05:48 AM
You,I'm sure already know,Jody's got it "STRAPPED DOWN AND HAWG TIED"... :D

Seriously,we be hunkered down pretty good.. IF it does strengthen we be headed fer da hills... :p

Fish Hunter
09-13-2005, 10:47 AM
I got a bad feeling about this huzzy. Not real sure why, but I was the only one around here that said that Katrina was going to be a #*TCH and it was.

Kenny, you and Jody take care and look after da Tatar tot. I get over all this slice and dice stuff and Everett and I are headed your way for a few days.

Tatar dropped that bomb on Rodwatcher yet???

Hawk
09-13-2005, 03:04 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)

Drumdum
09-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I got a bad feeling about this huzzy. Not real sure why, but I was the only one around here that said that Katrina was going to be a #*TCH and it was.

Kenny, you and Jody take care and look after da Tatar tot. I get over all this slice and dice stuff and Everett and I are headed your way for a few days.

Not yet,but it's a comin... :D

Topsailbum
09-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Kenny, ya'll stay safe during this thing. looks like she'll be coming at ya from the sound side. :( :--|

CrawFish
09-13-2005, 07:55 PM
be safe DD and everyone else down that way, and whoever in it's way... be safe.