Frisco - any tips? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Frisco - any tips?

Fish Bait
09-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Next week Iím going to Frisco NC for our annual family vacation. Iím not familiar with the Hatteras so I was wondering if any one had any pointers on places to fish, tackle shops etc.

Drumdum
09-11-2005, 01:21 AM
There were some pompano,spot,and a few roundhead behind Billy Mitchell.. The inlet had some yrling drum and a couple of bigguns caught,as well as sometimes spainish and bluefish.. The point has also had a few of the above.... After this blow,and things calm down a bit,things should pick up even more..

Tackle shops,if in Frisco,Frisco Rod and Gun is the best.. There is also Frisco Tackle. In Hat village there is the Roost located behind Teach's Lair Marina.. All usually have good bait,and good advice on where to fish and what to fish with..

jerseysalt
09-11-2005, 06:44 PM
try red drum tackle.buxton.........lasr yr we stop at frisco bait ......not the frisco rod and gun...it is like a mile before frisco rod and gun....I asked the old lady what was biting and she said how should i know....lol.......red drum and frisco rod and gun are very helpful.......while down ther ask them about beach closures this summer....jerz out

Drumdum
09-11-2005, 09:44 PM
The elderly couple that own Frisco Tackle sell bait,they don't fish anymore but very nice folks.Many times they have fresh bait when some don't... ;)

The Roost and FR&G would be the ones I would recomend if fishing in Frisco. IF fishing Buxton or N beach the two suggested above would be the best,if looking for fishing info..

Fish Bait
09-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the helpful info.
It looks like the weather will improve when I head down on Saturday. Two weeks on the beach Ė whoopee!