This is killin me guys! [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : This is killin me guys!

Drumdum
06-30-2005, 06:09 AM
:mad:

Lots and lots o Cobia was the word today with the Casters getting most of the fish. 12 in total, O.P. Roir of Roir Auto Body West Virginia landed the Biggets of the day with a 62 Pounder nice fish OP. Heard of some sea mullet by the Jetties and not a lot more. All in all it was a good day ... JAM out

Jam's report from RDT...

My youngen,Tater,is knawing at the bit to get him one too..... :D

Cape Pt. had a steady catch of cobia in the morning. some blues were also caught. Frisco beach had catches of pompano and sea mullet. One of the pompano was a citation. Inshore today had some nice catches of blues, flounder, speckle and gray trout. Offshore, good fishing for king mackerel, dolphin, yellowfin and a few whaoo.

This is Frisco Rod&Gun's report.. Man,they are killing me.. :rolleyes: :D

No wind this morning and looks like the clouds are gone.. For the "slow warmup" in the water temps,looks like things have "heated up" nicely.. ;)

Dixie719
06-30-2005, 07:42 AM
I'll be there Sat, Sun and part of Mon, just gotta work on my pass from the wife! :p

Anyone else going to be down??

fishbone4_14_74
06-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Will be around the Point Area Myself this weekend if all goes well. See ya there,, hopefully all bowed up

Cdog
06-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Wish I could, but dont think I can make it. Corse if I had a dollar for eveytime I said I couldn't and ended up down there anyway...

French
06-30-2005, 12:26 PM
this may be pure ignorance on my part (again...for every minute i have spent surf fishing i have probably done 2 hours on a pier), why are so many cobia coming off the point and so few off Avon and Frisco pier?

fishbone4_14_74
06-30-2005, 12:37 PM
There is Various of reasons,,, Water temp, Winds, Amount of Bait fish in the water, Anglers Yakkin there baits out, or this is the hot spot for the year. Im sure many of others.

Cdog
06-30-2005, 03:19 PM
I don't know, maybe not as many people targeting em from the piers??? Haven't stepped foot on a pier in NC so dont know how many are out there trying.

lowpine
06-30-2005, 03:35 PM
what kind of rig/bait do you use to catch the pompano? And how far out into the wash do you typically fish for them?

How about them sea mullet too?

thanks,
stevnej

Darkness
06-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Little sandfleas, preferably softshell, on a double rig right behind the first breakers.

NTKG
06-30-2005, 06:04 PM
yeah kenny its killin me too.... and i live a lil bit farther from ya to participate!

i dont believe i'll even see salt water for 2 weeks! i dont htink in the 5 years i've been livin on my own i've ever gone that long not fishin!!!!

Green Cart
06-30-2005, 08:06 PM
You are missing out on a very exciting thread on fishfinder and or three way rig on NC board. You are mentioned there. Thought I let you know to give you a fighting chance :D

Drumdum
06-30-2005, 09:26 PM
You are missing out on a very exciting thread on fishfinder and or three way rig on NC board. You are mentioned there. Thought I let you know to give you a fighting chance :D

:D :D :D :D :p :p

NTKG
06-30-2005, 10:02 PM
well i just saw that thread... :D