6/13-6/16 Report [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : 6/13-6/16 Report

EDMboarder
06-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Got there around six on monday evening, and just setteled in at the room and got the rigs ready and got some bait at the shop. Headed out to the point and just soaked a couple of baits on north side. Started off with a few Sarpnose sharks and a couple of small black tips. Down on south side saw a couple of drum cuaght then shortly after my dad got his first, 34" with 21" girth. Later on cuaght a 4' blact tip on one of the smaller rigs.

Tuesday morning got up grabed some more bait and set up right on the tip of the point. Cuaght a couple of blues on metal, and that was about it. Went back to the room for lunch then came back and set up a little further up on the north side. Saw a couple of rays cuaght before my line went off. I was so happy to see him up and show himself, I got him in about 5 min. Came back after cleaning him and cuaght a couple of blues on metal.

Wensday cuaght a big butterfly ray and a couple of blues on metal. Wensday night produced a few Sarpnose sharks and some other small sharks but I don't know what kind they were.

Thursday didn't produce much besides blues on metal.

Thursday I met Russ, Jamie, and Neil. I made one of those shark rigs and was throwing that out on south side catching a few samll skates and some more sarpnose sharks. Then the guy next to me hooks into something big and nearly gets spooled before he manages to turn it and get some line back on his reel. And guess what it was

Gaint butterflt ray snagged in the ass. A little while after that a hooked into one and got him in in just under an hour of fighting.
Overall I think I had a great trip.

FishRung
06-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Where were you?

EDMboarder
06-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Sorry