Shark fishing from shore [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Shark fishing from shore

fishin4wd_
05-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Fishing next week in Duck, NC. I am planning to catch my 3 year old son a shark. Something that looks like jaws. I have a 9" Ugly stick with a Bait runner reel with 30# mono. I was planning to use my 10/0 Owner circle hooks I use for catfish here in Indiana, with some 10" wire leaders I made.

What advice would you have for catching a shark from shore?
Live or cut bait?
Chum?
Bottom rigs?

Thanks!

Shooter
05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Fishing next week in Duck, NC. I am planning to catch my 3 year old son a shark. Something that looks like jaws. I have a 9" Ugly stick with a Bait runner reel with 30# mono.
Jaws on a 9" opps 9' ugly stick and 30# mono?
Will a few doggie sharks taped together work? There are a lot of good sharkers on here that can help ya I am sure. Good luck.

Cdog
05-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Hopefully others with more experience will step in but this is JMO.

Right now the water temps are too low for biters in that area. However ya can pull a BayFisher and tell your son that the Doggies you catch are threshers. Your setup will catch all the doggies you want. :D

Oh yeah cut bait is good.

Drumdum
05-25-2005, 05:31 AM
Go to Livebait's post about Wilmington Report.. Some pretty good info in there..

fishin4wd_
05-25-2005, 08:20 AM
I think anything that looks remotely close to a shark will do. Remember, when you're three, things are often what you imagine. Thanks for the help.

Bonito6t9
05-25-2005, 11:46 AM
How bout them biters in Hatteras? tightlines

Fred