Frisco Pier [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Frisco Pier

Drumdum
05-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Ya might want to check this report from FR&G out,looks like they are gettin ready to come through...

Blues, blowtoads, and a few flounder were caught on the south beach. Some sea mullet were caught on the north beach. There were a lot of big cow nose rays around the inlet and it is reported that a couple of cobia were seen from the Frisco pier.
The inshore boats had good catches of bluefish and fair catches of gray trout.
Offshore there were good catches of tuna and dolphin along with scattered wahoo and kings.
Harrison

NTKG
05-17-2005, 10:18 PM
aw man..... the girlfriends gonna kill me if im down there again so soon

fishloser
05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Ya might want to check this report from FR&G out,looks like they are gettin ready to come through...

Blues, blowtoads, and a few flounder were caught on the south beach. Some sea mullet were caught on the north beach. There were a lot of big cow nose rays around the inlet and it is reported that a couple of cobia were seen from the Frisco pier.
The inshore boats had good catches of bluefish and fair catches of gray trout.
Offshore there were good catches of tuna and dolphin along with scattered wahoo and kings.
Harrison

does frisco still have sandbar off right front corner, or did hurricanes clear it out? I use to fish Frisco exclusively in the 70" and 80's, back when Crazy Eddie and Big Bob were regulars. Would luv to see the fish come back so I could too!

OBX_Nomad
05-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Here in Nags Head we couldn't keep the bluefish off of our lines. Saturday I bet there were in excess of 500 landed from the pier. The hot item was a white/red head Got-cha. Uncle George's Bucktails worked as well. During the few lulls in the bluefish action the sea mullet, spot and croaker were on the menu.

Sunday morning we got into a pretty good drum bite out to the Point. Unfortunately for me, my partners dominated that action.

On the trip back home we stopped at a few holes and managed a good number of specks and grays from the beach using curly-tails.

All in all another great weekend on the OBX.

Drumdum
05-18-2005, 07:49 PM
does frisco still have sandbar off right front corner, or did hurricanes clear it out? I use to fish Frisco exclusively in the 70" and 80's, back when Crazy Eddie and Big Bob were regulars. Would luv to see the fish come back so I could too!

I fished there till 79,caught a bunch of kings off that ole pier,and hoping the same thing you are.. ;) Don't remember the names you called there,I fished there when Ellis ran the pier,and quit shortly after when Gordon took over..

A few of the names back then were Larry Harmon,Pat and Arch Bracher,Brad and Hal Harvey,Matt Butler,Chester Polouskey,and Joe Wise. Remember any of them??

PS Sandbar,when I fished there was well outside. A looooong cast might hit it,water was close to 30ft deep. Did get some good news though water at the end this yr is 22' plus...