Hey Ken, [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Hey Ken,

Hat80
04-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Have you guys seen this blank yet? Ifso whats your take on it? ;)....Tightlines

Finally, Breakaway is coming out w/ a new Heaver blank/rod...the Stinger 1569.

Breakaway of course roared onto the Big Rod scene almost 10 years ago w/ their legendary 2 pc/1 pc Heaver that was built using the All Star blank 1509... That blank/rod was extremely strong--very stiff and could cast 8nBait a mile (in the right hands)...

Now apparently, they have developed a new Heaver that is 13' long and the blank only weighs 13.5 oz...that is rather light for a Heaver blank... Figure the finished rod will weigh in at about 21 oz...again that is really light. The Ocean Master Heaver by comparison weighs about 28+ oz

The Stinger 1569 has a no. 11 tip and is 2 pc w/ equal sections... Anyway, not sure if this is an All Star blank...cost $369 custom built from Breakaway...

Drumdum
04-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Ain't heard of it,sounds like they are making a "true surfrod" to compete with the more comfortable lami,which is also light.. Me,I mostly planker fish anyway,and don't have to hold the rod,so I'm stickin with what works.. Tryed the Purglas a few yrs ago,very light rod,but would almost have to totally "revamp" casting style to use it.Hope this rod isn't along the same lines.. :rolleyes:

Clyde
04-16-2005, 11:41 PM
If it's the stick I think it is, you can throw a brick with it. Tres had a Rainshadow prototype on the beach last spring, it was a beast.