Yeh It's Cold [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Yeh It's Cold

fish militia
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
One would think the stripers are going to bust loose any second,even though I know they are not.I froze to death in a terrible NE wind today at Oregon Inlet.I worked the North and south beaches and produced nothing.I did see 2 throw backs landed.The rest of the OBX has been a little slow due to the frigid conditions.There is probably fish to be caught ,but there is not alot of people trying.Several Big Reds were taken at Avon on Sunday and about 2 dozen were taken at the point.I only know of 1 Big red at the point and I heard some one lost a Biggen at Avon Yesterday.I had some buds fish for the Biggens at Rodanthe today,but gave up do to the skate festival that was going on.

My web guy and I are about finished with a new and improved OBX fishing Reports sight I will keep you guys informed as to when she will be rocking(the next day or so)...Rob

Drumdum
11-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Rob,were any water temps taken today off of Rodanthe???

fish militia
11-09-2004, 08:23 PM
60 degrees. The drum water is holding on by a thread at Rodanthe,although we did catch some in 58 degree water

Drumdum
11-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Rob,I seen them caught in 48 degree water :eek: ,but it is rare..

Glad to see you got logged on.. ;)

king&strut
11-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey DD, have you seen Depe yet from Topsail??

Drumdum
11-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Tell him he better hurry up,before we catch and tag em all... :D

Rodwatcher
11-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey DD, have you seen Depe yet from Topsail??Talked a friend to night that feesh's Topsail, said Depe wasn't goin to make the trip this year, thinks his wife has been under the weather, said he was ketch'n sea mullet off the Jolly Roger.....