Pier and Surf Forum banner

South end of Oregon inlet

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NCsurffisher 
G
#1 ·
Is the south end of Oregon inlet normally open to foot traffic? I see there is a path that leads along a stone wall that appears to end in a small jetty. Looks like it could offer a decent place to fish.

G
#3 ·
Yes, the south side of the bridge. Not off the cat walk, but all the way out at the point of the inlet. I've had good luck catching sheepshead from the cat walk and some spade fish but not much else. Thanks for the info.

#4 ·
Things are a bit more dicey with the bridge replacement going on, but yes, the jetty and beach south of there is all easily accessible. There is usually a small beach on the inlet side of the jetty where a point/rip forms on the outgoing current. The outgoing current lasts quite a bit longer than the incoming and the outgoing can be extremely strong. Many people wade the slough just east of the bridge (trout, flounder), although you frequently have to contend with that hard outgoing current. The high and low slack is easier. Like spydermn, I prefer the west side. The inlet and jetty are easily accessible from the trail leading from the main catwalk parking area. The beach south of the jetty is a shorter walk from the "old Coast Guard road", but that appears like it might be blocked/inaccessible with all the current construction. You can walk to the south beach from the catwalk parking lot, but it is a longer haul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.