Why [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Why

ReelHooked757
01-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Ever since this past week. My mobile phone can not switch between desktop view and mobile view. Where did this function go. ?I need to be able to go to desktop view to add pictures to a post or to see attachment.

Also when logged in ,in mobile view all the categories on home page are missing all the words but the viecorrect unless I turn my phone siddeways for a widescreen view. If not logged into my account the page is correct.

This only started happening when enhanced mobile was offered and I declined it.who else having these issues.

Benji
01-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Also can't post in enhanced mobile. Don't know how I got on the original mobile layout but I'm here now and stuck. Can't switch to desktop layout unless I do it through phones Internet settings which switches every site to desktop unless I switch it back . But not really complaining. Don't care for the new layout to much, all the f*ed up navigation is just a bonus.

1BadF350
01-31-2017, 05:00 AM
Benji you can exit enhanced mobile using the menu drop at top left of the screen in the blue bar.
To post, click the plus sign button at top of screen, type your reply where indicated then press the arrow button at top right that looks like a paper airplane.

Benji
01-31-2017, 06:37 AM
Benji you can exit enhanced mobile using the menu drop at top left of the screen in the blue bar.
To post, click the plus sign button at top of screen, type your reply where indicated then press the arrow button at top right that looks like a paper airplane.

Thanks.

ReelHooked757
01-31-2017, 01:06 PM
To post,

That's what I did to exit enchanced mobile. Once it transfer back to regular mobile viewing my option for the desktop view is no longer there nor is there An option to change back to enhanced Mobile..

Since no option for desktop View Now I can't post picture .

Garboman
01-31-2017, 01:13 PM

I get a blank screen when I try to access with mobile phone in the last week or so.

Does not load after several minutes of patiently waiting for the Blonde Hottie with the banana at Walmart.

I will miss that Hottie if I can not get this resolved. Same thing for the AT&T Girl.

bferg
01-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Thanks, Trump.

dialout
02-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Thanks, Trump.

Lol....Russian hackers?

VSAdmin
02-03-2017, 11:16 AM
That's what I did to exit enchanced mobile. Once it transfer back to regular mobile viewing my option for the desktop view is no longer there nor is there An option to change back to enhanced Mobile..

Since no option for desktop View Now I can't post picture .

To return to enhanced view from desktop, you will need to clear your browsers cookies.

Once that is done, when you reload the page it will return to Enhanced. You may have to log in again.

Images should be showing and you should be able to post them into a thread through Enhanced.

What sort of issues are you having with the images showing / uploading?

Can you clear your browsers cache as well as the cookies to see if that solves the issue?

Which device/browser are you using?

Can you provide a screenshot of the missing words when your phone is not sideways.

I get a blank screen when I try to access with mobile phone in the last week or so.

Does not load after several minutes of patiently waiting for the Blonde Hottie with the banana at Walmart.

I will miss that Hottie if I can not get this resolved. Same thing for the AT&T Girl.

Can you clear your browsers cache and cookies? This may resolve the blank page issue.

if not, can you provide a screenshot as well as your device/browser?

Thanks,
- JB

Garboman
02-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Can you clear your browsers cache and cookies? This may resolve the blank page issue.

if not, can you provide a screenshot as well as your device/browser?

Thanks,
- JB[/QUOTE]

Cleared Cache and Cookies

Same blank screen, reload the pier and surf address in the Google search box and screen comes up blank.

Not really a problem as this is a secondary cell phone number I seldom use, but it is strange as it is the only website this happens on.

VSAdmin
02-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Hey there

What browser and device are you using when you get this blank screen?

When I exit Enhanced on my Android device using the standard browser or Chrome, I get the mobile skin for this site.
Unfortunately it looks like the mobile skin is missing the link to get back to the Desktop version of the site. Ticket 2412778

Once you cleared your cache and cookies, the Enhanced mobile view would have come back up for you again. If you didn't get that, can you walk us through the exact steps you took to clear your browser data? There are a few different options when you do this through any browser. You need to make sure you are clearing 'Browsing History', 'Cookies and Site Data' and 'Cached Images and Files', otherwise you may not be seeing the most up to date version of the site.

Dayle